Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering why I haven't seen anyone with their chin spoiler painted. If so any pics? Why haven't some of you guys painted it? Thanks

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I was wondering why I haven't seen anyone with their chin spoiler painted. If so any pics? Why haven't some of you guys painted it? Thanks
use the search feature. There are plenty of post that are about this.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i have heard that they don't take the paint all to well. starts to crack and peel really easy.
deff +1...also...people have painted them...just search for the threads...just dont be surprised when you get there because most who have painted them, painted them back to black due to scratches and whatnot...not need for them to be another color really

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
i have heard that they don't take the paint all to well. starts to crack and peel really easy.
+1 the chin is flexible which will cause paint to crack

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Most people do what I did, take and paint them satin black to cover the scrathes. The first time you scrape them or get a rock chip, they have nasty plastic black showing through if you paint them any other color

·
Registered
26 Posts
screw you all i painted mine just to piss every1 off...

seriously tho unless you can paint it yourself or got a hook up at a body shop or sumthin it probably aint worth it for you cuz as mentioned b4 the spoiler is made outta thin plastic which makes it really flexible so every time you bump it on sumthin your gonna get little cracks under the clear coat, which arent noticeable really unless your looking up close, but once you see them it looks horrible...and if you got an aftermarket suspension and that front end is low? forget it its really easy to hit stuff with that spoiler.

personally i do think it looks better, but its really not designed to be painted and not worth the $$$.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
i seen a red mustang that i WILL smoke...
:wtfUnless you're gonna beat him by the paint on your chin spoiler, then I don't know what this has to do with a painted chin spoiler lol:D

·
Registered
26 Posts
glad we cleared that up...

and ya black wit a silver chin probably would look whack but w/e my bad i posted a similar thread to this about a week ago and put pics up thats y i thought u meant mine

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
i seen a silver painted chin looked like doo doo
i seen a red mustang that i WILL smoke...
Wasnt even talking about yours man, theres was black with a silver chin

Dont Play with Fire if your going to soak the matches in gasoline

and ya black wit a silver chin probably would look whack but w/e my bad i posted a similar thread to this about a week ago and put pics up thats y i thought u meant mine
oh, NOWWWWW I get it:eek:

·
Registered
136 Posts

Nah Man your cool its a Mustang Locally here in Nashville you could blow on the chin and the paint would flake off LMAO but no not yours

1 - 18 of 18 Posts