Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painted engine color to match....valve covers and strut tower brace will get powder coated soon

·
Registered
739 Posts
That looks awesome man. I may just have to do the same with mine, I really like the contrast. I'm assuming that you just used painters tape to mask off everything?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks awesome man. I may just have to do the same with mine, I really like the contrast. I'm assuming that you just used painters tape to mask off everything?
Yep i used the green stuff. the tape off part of this mod took forever, but i'm glad i took my time with that part because it really came out good. I used Dupli-Color Perfect Match (Spray can) and it matches pretty good

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yep i used the green stuff. the tape off part of this mod took forever, but i'm glad i took my time with that part because it really came out good. I used Dupli-Color Perfect Match (Spray can) and it matches pretty good
I really like that look. I'm assuming you just put the down and used a knife to trim around the letter and emblem? Did apply any primer before the base coat? I am just worried that it will look good for a while and then start to peel/scratch and make it look kinda bad. I just want to make sure the paint stick tis all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used some 4 or 600 grit sandpaper on the piece first(not on the chrome or painted area) then i hit it with the paint. I also put a nice clear coat on it

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
THIS!!!! I have been wanting to do this for so long...I had this plenum cover and I took it off to do some engine detailing and it got runover =( But my buying a new one was contingent upon whether or not I could get it painted like this...soooooo nice man...Thanks for posting pics up, I'm gonna add this to mine soon!

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
I'm doing mine tomorrow!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts