Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just removed my intake to clean the runners and was thinking about doing a little painting under the hood while it was torn apart. I was wondering if anyone has done some painting under the hood and would post pics so I can get some ideas. Or if you guys think it looks cheesy let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I don't have any pictures myself, but I've seen some that look real nice. Keep it simple and go for it.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I painted my Valve Covers Red, My intake red, and my upper intake Black.

Kinda hard to see, but doing subtle changes does make the bay look good.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good! I'm going to check on getting my intake and some of the brackets powder coated....just don't know what color yet. Still would like to see more pics from others. :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good! I'm going to check on getting my intake and some of the brackets powder coated....just don't know what color yet. Still would like to see more pics from others. :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ I don't no why that posted twice??

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
^ I don't no why that posted twice??
The forum has some technical issues right now. When you hit the post button, it takes a while sometimes. If you hit post a second time, it will seem like it worked just fine, but in reality it posted twice.

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
I bought my intake painted to match my car...

And we painted the coils to match the car...

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
i drive mine WAY to much to have that nice of an engine bay

·
Registered
292 Posts
paint to match, of just crinkle black only please. MMMmmm oem look :cool:

·
Hardcore Enthusiast
1,578 Posts
Lol yup no bling underneith my hood either. Too much upkeep lol. I just armorall the engine bay up every now and then.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
I just finished painting my steeda CAI Sonic Blue. Valve covers and other misc bits (COPs...thanks for the idea tinkerbell!) will be done in mid May when I install the cams.
I kinda rushed it, and my car is Vista Blue, but I think it looks ok. I do love the crinkle finish, though, and I may change to that when I do the valve covers...

What do you think?

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
doesnt painting the intakes make them hotter since the heat cant leave the intake as easily? just wondering since I heard that somewhere...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts