Votes: 2 8.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this one is for zinc-vert02 and blkgt03. Big shout out to zinc for helping with the whole process and blkgt03 for the wheels.

I painted some stock bullitts over the last couple of weeks. Got the first two done in a satin black with a blue stripe to match my calipers, valve covers, etc.

Had very little time to do the other two and I was out of satin black so I just hit them with the flat black I had laying around. I like the looks of both, so I just need your opinion on them. Which do you like better?

The back wheel with the stripe is satin, the all black wheel on front is flat. Also, there's nothing wrong with my paint... I literally just pulled it out of the wash bay and hadn't dried it

You can pick multiple options from the poll if you like more than one
All satin
All flat
Satin w/ stripe
Flat w/ stripe

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
The whole time attack look is played out. All black is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
2,706 Posts
Satin with blue stripe. Looks good with the painted calipers. Also maybe get some tint? Nothing crazy, 30% all the way around would be plenty (I think)

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The whole time attack look is played out. All black is the way to go.
Played out? I've never seen it on any car in person and I only know of a couple guys on here that have it done to their new edge. If anything, all black is played out because I've actually seen lots of those in person.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Played out? I've never seen it on any car in person and I only know of a couple guys on here that have it done to their new edge. If anything, all black is played out because I've actually seen lots of those in person.
Agreed...If its played out, I completely missed the part where it was being played to begin with. Beside Zinc and a few guys on SVTP I never see that look, and I think it looks great. :cool:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Love the blue pinstripe! It looks very nostalgic. I wish I could find some modern 245/45R17 tire with dual red pinstripes ("redlines") like back in the '60s! I think it would look great with my red car and the vintage look of the Bullitt wheels.

·
Registered
532 Posts
the flat with pin stripe looks soooooo sexy

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
I personally dont care for it on your car all together...But the satin looks best of them all IMHO...Your car needs some DD action in the rear...

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Love the blue pinstripe! It looks very nostalgic. I wish I could find some modern 245/45R17 tire with dual red pinstripes ("redlines") like back in the '60s! I think it would look great with my red car and the vintage look of the Bullitt wheels.
Check out this catalog, pages 21 and lower have some late model tire sizes that are redlines. They are pretty spendy but they have Nittos 555s or Invos and Falken and stuff like that.

http://www.dbtires.com/2011_catalog/2011catalog_Lo.pdf

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I personally dont care for it on your car all together...But the satin looks best of them all IMHO...Your car needs some DD action in the rear...
Agreed, but I need some extra money action in the pocketbook for that to happen...

These pics remind me that I need to tint my fog lights and paint my rear calipers. Oh well, more car projects that I have zero time for

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Agreed, but I need some extra money action in the pocketbook for that to happen...

These pics remind me that I need to tint my fog lights and paint my rear calipers. Oh well, more car projects that I have zero time for
And a good wax job...

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And a good wax job...
No kidding, there is zero water beading. But I don't like to wax cars when it's cold and it's only been above 50* for a couple of days this year. I might be able to do it this weekend in my dad's heated garage though. Depends what else I have going on though, because like I said I don't have time for a lot of this stuff any more.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'd be all for satin with a polished lip. If that's not an option just satin.
Of course I'm not much of a fan of that blue and I like shiney objects.

Ooh! Tin foil!
I'm just thinking that everyone that has black wheels (which is a lot now) have either all black or black with a polished lip. I wanted to do something a little different. Plus I'm not sanding off all the paint and primer to polish the lip back up haha.

PS that blue shows up a lot lighter in the pics than it looks in person. It's more of a medium blue than a powder/sky blue like it looks in the pics.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.