Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I decided that I was finally going to embark on one of my many projects that I'd like to do eventually. Unfortunately, it took quite a while to just paint one rotor hat and caliper, and I'm starving, so I decided to leave the other side for another day. Also did a quick detail on the engine. Nothing major, just some cleaning and some back to black.

Before:

After some cleaning and sanding:

After:

Finished:

I also tried to clean behind the wheel (you can see that to the left of the wheel the black plastic is pretty shiny) as well as the backside of the wheel itself. Looks a little better but not spectacular.

And here's the engine bay:

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Looking good Jeff, wanna come do mine :D

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
All that work for that? Kinda seems over-rated......

Id take it though =P nice job

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hell no I don't want to do yours!

And actually, I kinda agree there tiller. I got done, all cleaned up, looked at it and went, "Well I guess it looks better...". But yeah, a lot of work for not a whole lot of pay-off. I mean, black definately looks better than rust! But... I dunno. Now I have to do the other three. Haha

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then I had the realization that I'd have to do it all over again if the rotors can't be turned... Haha. At least it'll be easier off the car.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
RED would of looked better

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Looking good, I cant wait to start my winter projects man

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RED would of looked better
Nothing else on the car is red. I have Brembo front calipers and they are black, so this matches the front as well as all the other black accents on the car.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
What do you have planned for the beast?
Getting a rad cover that covers from side to side all one piece painted with the stripes, painted strut tower brace with the stripes, gonna try to custom paint all the engine pieces I can including the charger, carbon fiber single piece drive shaft, maybe a cage and some stuff on the interior, not sure where I wanna go with that just yet

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Nothing else on the car is red. I have Brembo front calipers and they are black, so this matches the front as well as all the other black accents on the car.[/QUO

I'd change the brembo with some that are red then.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Nothing else on the car is red. I have Brembo front calipers and they are black, so this matches the front as well as all the other black accents on the car.[/QUO

Way too many colors going on, I think his car looks sick with the black on grey with the black shaker on it just my .02

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Dude yes it looks good. looks really good. Im just sayin...you kow, if it was my car.

Its not to many colors either. Its two colors. Red would only make the rims pop a little more. I think it would look sick!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Getting a rad cover that covers from side to side all one piece painted with the stripes, painted strut tower brace with the stripes, gonna try to custom paint all the engine pieces I can including the charger, carbon fiber single piece drive shaft, maybe a cage and some stuff on the interior, not sure where I wanna go with that just yet
Damn. Sounds like a lot of stuff! yeah I've seen those covers that go from side to side. They look great on S197s! That's gonna be a sexy GT500 :D

I wouldn't. But thanks anyway. There is NOTHING on the car that's red. The tail-lights are tinted.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Damn. That's going to look SWEET xtreme!

And thank you StangGT. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts