Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen any of the new mustangs with the side skirts and rear skirt painted to match the car? I want to get a new white gt but I want to get the side and rear skirts painted to match. I like the black textured look but I want to see one painted. Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Mustang GT Manual
1,595 Posts

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
That looks very good, im thinking about swapping up to a 2012 or '11 5.0 now, tempting.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i would think that you would have to find sideskits with the proper texture first. i dont think painting the stock ones would come out well...

personally i love the look of the black trim on my white gt.

·
Registered
701 Posts
i would think that you would have to find sideskits with the proper texture first. i dont think painting the stock ones would come out well...

personally i love the look of the black trim on my white gt.
There's a certain primer, at least i think it's a primer, it might be a different product actually, not positive. But i know it smooths out textured surfaces so you can paint it and have it look good ;)

·
Registered
2018 Mustang GT Manual
1,595 Posts
There's a certain primer, at least i think it's a primer, it might be a different product actually, not positive. But i know it smooths out textured surfaces so you can paint it and have it look good ;)
Yes there is, it's called sandpaper.:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just don't like how from a distance it makes the car look higher off the ground.

·
Registered
2018 Mustang GT Manual
1,595 Posts
I just don't like how from a distance it makes the car look higher off the ground.
That's what I don't like about the skirts being black too. The car would look so much lower if they were white.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts