Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about painting my upper Intake and valve covers, I just don't know what colors or what color combination to choose from
My car is the red fire pearl metallic or the g2 color code
Also you can see it on my signature
What colors would ya go with if ya were choosing?

03cristian

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
I'm thinking about painting my upper Intake and valve covers, I just don't know what colors or what color combination to choose from

03cristian
dark colors like black, because it will make the engine look semi clean even when it isnt

if you paint it some bright color and dont keep it fairly clean it will look like crap over time IMO

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
I highly suggest to not paint them, rather, get them powder coated. Paint will eventually crack, peel, etc. and you'll end up having to re-do them or live with an even more hideous engine bay. I had the valve covers on my six PC'd gloss black and they looked amazing. Easy to clean as well.

·
Registered
975 Posts
+1 to goren's post about poweder coat. i paint parts on my dad's 351w all the time. if he would just poweder coat them it would be easier on me.

·
2013 5.0
2,983 Posts

03cristian
Not sure where you are relative to this location but keep in mind, powder coating is a more expensive process. Also, here's some prices to compare.

Southern Powder Coating Inc.

·
Registered
975 Posts
you know somebody called me cheap but those prices seem fair and some cheap. in the past 10 years i sunk that much money in paint for the headers on my dads mach1. you also have to rember if you get powered you dont have to repaint them as much.

·
Registered
755 Posts
i think it would look good if you painted it body color, i have a black car and decided to do something that would stand out so i painted my intake grabber green its not for everyone but i like it, i can get you a picture of how it looks like installed if you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts