Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i was washing my car i noticed how trashy the fender well was and though about doing a quick flat black on it. i know it would chip and eventualy come off but what do yall think? i mean i could put alot of coats on and always just re-coat it when needed.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I believe there is a spray-on rubber stuff you can use to redo your wheel wells (tape off the fenders and stuff well). I can't think of what it's called, but I know someone made a thread about it a long time ago and it looked awesome when he was done. Plus it would be much more durable than paint.

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
From my experience, it's better to use semi-gloss or satin. They are a better match to the factory look. It doesn't take much work at all...just scuff it with a scotchbrite pad, wash it with some dish detergent, tape off anything you don't want painted and spray away. We paint ours once a year before World of Wheels.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I painted my fender wells with Satin Black paint about two years ago. It has faded and chipped by now, but it did last two years. You can use Rubberized Undercoating. It helps dampen sound and absorb rock impacts. Plus, it last long. Its what is on there from the factory.

A lot of people cover their entire under carriage in it. I kinda want to... I just don't have access to a lift.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
+1 i want coat the underside as well...maybe in the summer ill get around to it =)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts