Modded Mustang Forums banner

Painting Gas Tank

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  kmac1622 
#1 ·
Did a quick search but didnt find anything. I was pulling out of my driveway in our Suburban and the garage door was still open. I realized how bad my fuel tank looks. What if anything do you guys use to paint it or clean it up?

#3 ·
I spray that thing the plastic cover with tire shine like every other month and it stays black and clean looking for that entire period in between. So I say take it to a power washer one time spray it down and scrub it with a brush and then just sray it with tire shine. I have been doing it for a few years with mine. Only had to scrub it once after that I only had to do the tire foam like every other month at least with no paint required.

#4 ·
I got a warm bucket of water with some soap thrown in and wiped it down with a sponge. Then I applied Meg's Hot Tire Shine (aerosol)

Has stayed clean for months.

#6 ·
I painted my gas tank and straps a couple months ago, I used Glossy Black plastic paint and red to match my car.

#9 ·
Sooo happy you cant see the tank on the 07

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.