Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a quick search but didnt find anything. I was pulling out of my driveway in our Suburban and the garage door was still open. I realized how bad my fuel tank looks. What if anything do you guys use to paint it or clean it up?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
If you can see the gas tank, you're not lowered enough. :)

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
I spray that thing the plastic cover with tire shine like every other month and it stays black and clean looking for that entire period in between. So I say take it to a power washer one time spray it down and scrub it with a brush and then just sray it with tire shine. I have been doing it for a few years with mine. Only had to scrub it once after that I only had to do the tire foam like every other month at least with no paint required.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
I spray that thing the plastic cover with tire shine like every other month and it stays black and clean looking for that entire period in between. So I say take it to a power washer one time spray it down and scrub it with a brush and then just sray it with tire shine. I have been doing it for a few years with mine. Only had to scrub it once after that I only had to do the tire foam like every other month at least with no paint required.
I got a warm bucket of water with some soap thrown in and wiped it down with a sponge. Then I applied Meg's Hot Tire Shine (aerosol)

Has stayed clean for months.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
I painted my gas tank and straps a couple months ago, I used Glossy Black plastic paint and red to match my car.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
i love cheap, but good mods. i may have to do this too!

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
I got a warm bucket of water with some soap thrown in and wiped it down with a sponge. Then I applied Meg's Hot Tire Shine (aerosol)

Has stayed clean for months.
That's really all it takes and it makes a huge difference. But my car is black and so is yours I don't know what color your car is OP but I like how SSG Pate paint matched those straps to flow with the car.

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Sooo happy you cant see the tank on the 07

1 - 9 of 9 Posts