Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about painting my interior all black. Do you think it's worth it, or would you leave it alone and keep it gray and black?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
painting the entire thing...i dunno maybe. The person to ask is zatrekaz. Hes good. But if your trying the whole interior, it might be a little more than its worth.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
i'd just try and find a wrecked car to swap out the interior from. and what are you trying to do, have a mustang emblem permanantly on your forehead if you get in a 25 mph crash? take that thing off there!

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Easy route - Find a doner car with good parts and swap out the interior. However, good luck finding a complete black interior in good condition that is not already called for.

Harder route, but worth it in the end - painting like I did... let me dig up my old thread...

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/visual/110093-zatrekazs-interior-blackout-project.html

That is the complitation of my project. It's a long read, but I mention each snag I ran into, what paints I used, materials, trials and errors, and the final project... heres some pics of the end result that may help you decided which way to go:

If you need any advice on doing the project, feel free to ask me anything and I will help.

Keep in mind... this is not a weekend project if you want it to last and look really good. I was driving my car during this so I took longer, but I started the Project Feb 09 and completed it late March 09. I spent my whole spring break, full week, completing the major part of the project.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts