Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
So many mods, so little $
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Mach 1 grill delete the other day and I'll be installing it when I go home on leave next week. I'm thinking of painting it either black or to match the paint (mineral grey). Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this/pics if they have. And what color do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
mines black, plasti dip, then paint over it, especially if you are unsure whether or not you want it. you can just peel it off

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I did plasti dip first to make sure I liked it. And I didn't like it black, looks like there isn't anything there. I'd recommend doing something that isnt permanent first to make sure u like it. Just my opinion

·
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never used PlastiDip so I'd like to assume that all you really need to do is clean it then spray it?

·
Registered
22,813 Posts
If you can get a grille emblem for a 94-98 you can use it and keep the one with the kit chrome. I just painted mine with primer and then the duplicolor spray can of my color, finished it off with clear coat.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I like it in the color of the car by far...

·
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you can get a grille emblem for a 94-98 you can use it and keep the one with the kit chrome. I just painted mine with primer and then the duplicolor spray can of my color, finished it off with clear coat.

I'll probably do that then. Yours looks awesome. Oh, and btw your avatar made me laugh way harder than I probably should of lol

·
Registered
715 Posts
On my old sixxer we painted the pony synergy green to match the stripes.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Color of the car kicks ass. Painting it black makes it blend in the everything behind it. Might as well just delete it if you want it black.

I did have a grille delete, but same idea

1 - 13 of 13 Posts