Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Doctor of Jurisprudence
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright you bunch of grease monkeys! I got started on making my engine a little prettier so I thought I'd start with a set of valve covers that I got off ebay. I've only got 1 side done but I thought I'd post some pics cause well...we like pretty things right? Well I went with Hemi Orange in Dupli-Color Engine Enamel after sanding it down and putting on primer. I finished it off with Engine Enamel clearcoat and it looks AWESOME! The pictures really don't do it justice since it's got tiny metal flakes in it that just makes it WOW! ENJOY!

·
Registered
379 Posts
WOW those look awesome dude. very sweet finish... you can see a bit of the metallic flakes in some of the pictures. mustang decals are a nice touch. where did you find the decals? is the paint spray or brush on?

·
Registered
379 Posts
theyre not listed anymore on the xenonmods site, did you special request them?

·
Registered
154 Posts
woww.. them look sexyy as fuk man

·
Doctor of Jurisprudence
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually I got them awhile back when they sold them freely before FoMoCo put the clamps on....we had a break in the freakin rain here in SoCal but its raining again so not sure when I'll be able to get the other side done. I put on like 3 coats of clear and I put it on AFTER I put on the decals so they'll be a little more protected..

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
watch that paint closely...
The guy before me did the same, but with yellow paint...
its peeling and looks HORRIBLE.

Powdercoating FTW.

They do look sweet though, and I hope it stays intact..

·
Doctor of Jurisprudence
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You guys rock! Thanks for the encouragement, the orange came out a different shade than the cap indicated...but I'm a HUGE Longhorns fan so I'm pleased with it. Can't wait to get to work on the rest of it.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Looks really great!! Dont think I would have put HEMI colors on a FORD engine, but hey, thats what makes the world go round. +1 on what Modern said. My brother in law did his and after a while they looked like crap. So keep us informed and get some pics on the car too. Great job

·
Registered
191 Posts
man... that looks like crap long horn!

seriously, it looks really good. let me know how it goes, if it goes well, i want to paint the valve covers on the 70 428 car. the paint is going to be tangelo pearl, and the hemi orange valve covers look to be a good match.

congrats. looks good.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts