Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think im going to paint my spoiler black what would be the right way to do it? what kind of paint? clear coat? etc. thanks for the help.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
The type of paint depends on how much you want to spend.

To paint it just simply pull it off the car, scuff it up real good with a scuff pad, wipe it down with wax and grease remover or wash it real well with dawn, tack it off, and spray it.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
AJM, what do you think it would look like to paint my hood scoop flat black?

And spoiler might look badass flat black instead of glossy block.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
naw im not talking bout flat blacking my spoiler. I was making a suggestion for the OP.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i dont have to sand it down or anything?

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
Yeah you could get away with just scuffing it up with a scuff pad. You will be able to tell its not all glossy anymore. Wash it really good as AJM suggested and pray if you are going to paint/clear it yourself. LOL.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah you could get away with just scuffing it up with a scuff pad. You will be able to tell its not all glossy anymore. Wash it really good as AJM suggested and pray if you are going to paint/clear it yourself. LOL.
i know how to paint...

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
oh well in that case... you got it then.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
what kind of gun are you using?

Nason clear seems to be pretty nice.
PPG base is always going to be the best.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
^ :yes that nason clear is badass, pretty high dollar if I remember right? Ive only used it for a demo so dont remember exactly.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok, Im being an ass here I'm sure... but if you know how to paint, then why ask. and why do you have to ask if you need to sand it down? i thought you know how to paint? :)
i said i know how to paint my dad showed me how. i just dont know the process how to get it ready for paint. because ive never painted anything thats already painted before.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
lol ^....

Yeah ajm... a guy some by and so we used it as much as my dad does NOT like changing things up. Ended up being very slick!

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
you just sand it/or/scuff it, clean it, and base over it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts