Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had their mustang re-painted? My red 94 has some rock chips, and the red paint is orangey in some panels, and the paint peeled a bit under my diver side mirror.

I got one quote for $3500 for the whole care. But I'd rather be between $1000-$2000.

If you got your stang re-painted then list the price, and your final thoughts on the finished job.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thats about the right price for an all over paint job.. But I dont have to pay because I painted mine myself.. You might find someone on the side to paint it for you. Just ask around .. Good luck...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm assuming you painted that one. Very nice. I like that look, but I don't think the black tops would look nice on the 94-98 models. I thought about people who paint on the side, but I'm worried that they might not clear coat it.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Heres a pic of my 98 Gt with two tone black pearl and green pearl combo. You can find someone to paint your car it wont be cheap un-less it is a side job for them.. Just like V8 POWA stated above you get what you pay for.. Besides that a good spray gun (like a SATA ) will set you back about 600.00 bucks..

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
i payed around $500 =)...well i did it myself

but takeing it to a shop, that about rite...its alot of work, took me about 3 days to prep lol

·
Registered
365 Posts
BTW ashtoncp, these are my personal cars. Ive had the Roush since new the 98 since birth as well.. I grew up around cars, my dad owned his own shop since I was a kid.. I have been painting cars since I was 15 years old.. My first car was a 68 Mustang.. Painting is something everyone can learn, its not as hard as everyone thinks.. You just have to have the balls to try it, your first one might not look pretty but over time you get better.. Good luck

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
A way to cut alot out of the price is sand it down and get all the dips and dents fixed up, that takes away the prep process and will be alot cheaper to do. If you want buy a cheap spray gun and primer yourself and sand smooth so it's ready. So all they have to do it paint.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what are your plans with your car ashton? is it really worth it to drop 1-3k for a repaint?
For myself, I will probably get it touched up, and maybe sell it or donate it since the car is just a v6. I'd rather use the money later on to purchase a Cobra or Shelby 500 :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts