Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i asked on another thread but no one answered so i will start my own, that middle part between the exhaust tips can u paint that?? or is there like a decal or something to put in there bcuz i like that look and if you can paint it should you have a professional do it or is it a DIY kinda deal, THANX:D

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
it can be painted, but to do it right requires the whole bumper do be done. you can use vinyl to black it out as well.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i bought the vinyl but did NOT like the shinyness. so i just taped it off, scuffed it up(scuff pad), and sprayed it with flat black. I also sprayed the "glossy" mustang letters before i put them in the bumper and my trunk panel so that it would all match and be the same flat black.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
i just taped off around the area that you see, used gray scotch brite scuff pad, and sprayed with a flat black color that came in a can. Been like that for about 2 years now with no problem. Prior to the painting i sprayed some adhesion promoter (bulldog) to ensure there would be no problem with peeling and ****. So far so good after 2 years!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
awesome brother thanx thats exactly the look i want and i got that same blackout peice ordered for the rear thanx man thats what i am going to do:D

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
no prob bro! If your going to do the lettering too, then leave it on the wax paper when you paint it. Make sure it all matches. You dont want 2 or 3 different blacks. Looks kinda tacky. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Reactions: trueblue01bullitt

·
Registered
104 Posts
i bought the vinyl but did NOT like the shinyness. so i just taped it off, scuffed it up(scuff pad), and sprayed it with flat black. I also sprayed the "glossy" mustang letters before i put them in the bumper and my trunk panel so that it would all match and be the same flat black.

You have a good looking Stang BakerFX4:llama

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
thanks fellas! anyone notice the shaved key hole in the cobra spoiler?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
stop giving Baker sucha big head....we all know his car is :gay

ok ok ok im just kidding:D
the truth is......im just jelous :sorry

:booze <<< that stuff makes you lash out like that..:eek:

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
baker definitely equals :gay

1 - 17 of 17 Posts