Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im buying a new cowl hood and possibly a cobra front bumper for my stang, and to make it match im going to need to get the whole car repainted. I want the same color paintjob without the door jams being painted, but i know nothing about paintjobs or cost. About how much should i expect to be paying? I haven't been out to get an estimate yet, but i just want to know a ballpark price so i don't get shafted by a local body shop.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Who told you that the whole thing had to be painted? lol, but if you go that route for whatever reason yes the whole car can be resprayed w/o painting any of the jams.

Worst comes to worst theyd have to blend into the fenders. Which doesnt cost much more.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Costing me like 400 bucks to just get my hood painted haha.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The whole car is faded, the paint is peeling and chipping in places due to the previous owner not taking very good care of it. I bought touch up paint from ford to paint the parts that were peeling away and even the tiniest spots are noticeable from close range. Nothing irks me more than scratches and chips and they're all over the car, so thats the route im taking.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Well in that case just go around to shops and get prices. There are too many factors to give a good guess on the net. It just varies per location, shop, materials used, quality of work the shop does, and what the shop does. If you go to a major production shop to have something like this done vs a smaller slower shop youre going to end up paying more.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
yeah it's gonna be a few grand at least.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
If you can do the prep work yourself it'll knock a **** load of the labor cost off.

:2cents

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
If you can do the prep work yourself it'll knock a **** load of the labor cost off.

:2cents
+1 Here's what you do. Pour turpentine all over the car tonight. In the morning walk out and start cursing real loud. All the neighbors will run out to see whats going on. Say someone poured something all over my dang car and it ruined my paint. Then call the cops, do a police report, and then call the insurance company. I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT. I would never rip off someone that was ripping me off. Just wouldn't feel right. If you do it, don't post it on a forum for everyone to see.;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts