Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I attempted to install my panhard bar last week, but I ran into exhaust clearance issues, even though I have a flowmaster catback and flowmaster is supposed to work. So I have an appointment thursday morning at 8am to have it installed. I'm not really up to messing with my exhaust. But on the 45 minute trip back home from the shop, I'm sure I'll have enough to write about the difference and how it feels. So I'll just add on to this thread thursday after it's on. Subscribe if you're interested. :D

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
subscribed. I have yet to figure out what exhausts clear the thing. I'm thankful I never modified my exhaust, but I'd be really interested in seeing a list of possible choices. I suppose, if I was so inclined, I could just replace the mufflers with something I like.

·
Registered
433 Posts
could you dump the exhaust at the mufflers and clear the PHB?

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well according to MM, flowmaster and dynomax exhausts are supposed to follow the factory exhaust routing, and therefore work. But like I said, I have a flowmaster catback and it wasn't happening.

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could you dump the exhaust at the mufflers and clear the PHB?
Yes. But I didn't want to do that. And the clearance issue was so small, it doesn't need to be modified much. The loop that goes above the axle needs to be raised like maybe 3/4-1 inch. Or they need to be rotated slightly inward.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Subscribe . I'm doing the same phb but I have the magnapcks hope it fits and how much are they charging you to install it

·
Registered
487 Posts
Watching and waiting! Would be doing a PHB in June but failing clutch supersedes *sad face

·
KCCO
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well my buddy kinda gave me shitty welds on my sfc's so theyre gonna fix them and install the PHB and he said it shouldn't be more than $200

·
Registered
329 Posts
U will like the PHB makes the rear-end really stable.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I sure hope so. I got tired of the rear end wiggle on a sweeping on-ramp and bit the bullet on buying a PHB. You have one?
Yeah i do. But I also have the whole MM catalog on my car...LOL

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
^^^^^^^ Pics please :drool

·
Registered
329 Posts
^^^^^^^ Pics please :drool
Dont have any clear pics of parts installed. Just a shot of it at a car show after install and youtube vid's of it being Dynoed and idle. I will try to take some next time its on the rack.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
The flowmaster will clear the PHB if the tailpipes are installed in the factory location. The problem comes when they're not put in the exact same place. Most people who install aftermarket exhaust don't care as long as it doesn't contact anything.

FYI: The SLP catbacks clear as well.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Here's what it should look like with Flows in the stock location:

Mine also had pretty much everything MM offered.

John

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
"sigh"
i wish the pics were from up higher, so i could see where the tub's hump over.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
God I want a torque arm. So much I want, so little money I am willing to throw around...

Bullitt, what SLP catbacks work? Which one is the quietest...? I'm probably better off with the stock catback and just get LT's or something to get a more aggressive sound.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
best sounding is the lm2's. :yes

cant decide if i want to try them out.

im hoping my pypes cb fits, or else its getting DADADADADUMPED.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My Bassani exhaust hits the PHB mount but they didn't install it correctly. The bar must be parallel with the axle and the passenger side mount must be tight to the frame rail and shimmed correctly. My mount was almost 1/2 inch above the rail and 3/4 inch too far to the rear. It still functions (very well) but the 3" exhaust is always tapping on the mount. I'm probably going to have the mount spacers welded in and the mount welded to the subframe to correct the problem.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts