Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do all panhard bars fit 79-04? im referring to the MM ones?
local guy is selling one for cheap, but looking them up there 79-98 and 99-04 whats the difference?

also will adding one of these center my rear axle out? my left wheel hangs out more n my right one is tucked under the fender :facepalm:

·
Loud Exhaust Enthusiast
5,051 Posts
Only an adjustable panhard bar will. Not sure about fitment though. Get a quality one, I've seen and heard some stories about bent PHB's. Not fun to buy another.

·
Run What You Brung
706 Posts
I heard the difference is in the length and mounting points, but don't know that for a fact.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only an adjustable panhard bar will. Not sure about fitment though. Get a quality one, I've seen and heard some stories about bent PHB's. Not fun to buy another.
ya im talking about the maximum motorsports one
dude claims it fits 79-04 but on there site it splits 79-98 99-04

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
not interchangeable two different part numbers.
yes adjustable should center axle / body

they have a detailed instruction sheet on line. I have same problem and have been looking at MM bar. how much did you find one for?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I got mine from MM and their deal of the day, was %22 off. Not sure what the differences between the two kits are but if you're buying a used one I'd be a little weary. The bolt tubes that you drill the frame for are cut to measure and probably wouldn't fit. I've only had mine a day so far but I'm really liking it.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Can't promise but I believe the difference would be the size of the bolts used for the lower control arms. If that is all it is than you might just need to drill out the holes to the proper size.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I got mine from MM and their deal of the day, was %22 off. Not sure what the differences between the two kits are but if you're buying a used one I'd be a little weary. The bolt tubes that you drill the frame for are cut to measure and probably wouldn't fit. I've only had mine a day so far but I'm really liking it.

22% is great, it's just not on today's deal LOL
I think the difference from 98/99 is the length of the bar

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not interchangeable two different part numbers.
yes adjustable should center axle / body

they have a detailed instruction sheet on line. I have same problem and have been looking at MM bar. how much did you find one for?
300 new and everything is still wrapped

damn when was this deal? n ya i'll probably just buy a new one

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
784 Posts
me personaly would never run a panhard bar with the stock suspension set up. if you want a panhard you should consider then gettting a torue arm set up or the saleen 5 link set up. because as the axle moves up and down the pan hard will move the axle in in arc motion so the rear end will bind against the stock control arms that are meant to hold the axle side too side and articulate. just my 2 cents on the subject
my theory anyways to why many have torque box failures. and i am not saying that the stock set up with better better control arms wont bind just will bind more with the panhard bar also

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
me personaly would never run a panhard bar with the stock suspension set up. if you want a panhard you should consider then gettting a torue arm set up or the saleen 5 link set up. because as the axle moves up and down the pan hard will move the axle in in arc motion so the rear end will bind against the stock control arms that are meant to hold the axle side too side and articulate. just my 2 cents on the subject
my theory anyways to why many have torque box failures. and i am not saying that the stock set up with better better control arms wont bind just will bind more with the panhard bar also
my torque boxes are reinforced, with upr pro series upc/lca set
doesnt the rear axle move side to side?
im mainly want this to center off my rear axle so that both my wheels are under the fender, bc right now my left wheel hangs out more then my right which is tucked in to much :70:

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
mikeracing;4884321 said:
MM recommends you don't up grade your uppers with bar, and torque arm would be the next step to completing set up. Wouldn't it ? 5 link probably not practicable cost wise for just centering up axle and driving around town. And i do believe for every good there is a equal bad, somewhere along the line there must be a compromise.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts