Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okey so my parking brake wont disengage. I can put the lever down but still cannot more the car. how do i solve this??? Do i have to get new lines?

·
Registered
162 Posts
lol, at least yours works..

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
unplug it :D

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
If you can put the p-brake handle down, and then hold the release button in, and it feels like there is free play in the handle if you move it up and down, chances are the parking brake cables are seized. You have to get under the car, spray them down with some lube, trying to get the lube in to the outer casings where the wire cables slides in and out of. Then put a pair of vise grips on the cable, and try to wiggle the cable in and out of the housing.

Sometimes this will free them up, but quite often when this happens you need to replace the cables.

·
Tree Fiddy Z
2,040 Posts
If you can put the p-brake handle down, and then hold the release button in, and it feels like there is free play in the handle if you move it up and down, chances are the parking brake cables are seized. You have to get under the car, spray them down with some lube (like I do with men), trying to get the lube in to the outer casings where the wire cables slides in and out of. Then put a pair of vise grips on the cable, and try to wiggle the cable in and out of the housing.

Sometimes this will free them up, but quite often when this happens you need to replace the cables.

Finally some closure on my suspicions!!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you can put the p-brake handle down, and then hold the release button in, and it feels like there is free play in the handle if you move it up and down, chances are the parking brake cables are seized

That is the problem

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
If you can put the p-brake handle down, and then hold the release button in, and it feels like there is free play in the handle if you move it up and down, chances are the parking brake cables are seized
That is the problem

Your parking brake cables are seized. Usually, they need replacing, although once in a while you get lucky, and if they aren't too far gone you can free them up by doing what I said previously. But most of the time even if you free them up they won't last long. Just replace em'. :)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
while we are on the subject....how much would it cost to get new e-brake pads?
i drove for about 1/2 mile with mine halfway on....so it kinda works

1 - 11 of 11 Posts