Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellas,

new to the site here, seems pretty cool.

Anyways, I was thinking of transforming my GT convertible front end to a Cobra. I have a few scuffs i've gathered in our 11 year relationship and 51k miles and i'll need some new bumper inserts (bob white decals are they good?)

Anyone have a part list and know how hard of an install this is?

I would rate myself as a below average do it yourselfer (did put the basketball hoop together today though for the little guy though.)

I saw some stuff on EBAY pershingauto parts and looks like the stuff even comes painted (about 400 shipped/painted)

Thanks

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Wanting to go to 99-01 or 03-04 Cobra?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm...good question...are they similiar

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just did some image searches....2003/2004 will be just fine : )

·
Registered
21,024 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Shaun,

I was just gonna send you a PM (not allowed yet i need 5 posts lol)..i see your from the South Shore and had some questions.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm that one is a few buck cheaper...

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yeah just noticed your from Scituate, like 20 mins away from me.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So i get a quote to do the cobra swap $1700 using aftermarket parts...that sounds a little high doesn't it??? (I wonder if i can ask for a kiss first...dag)

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
$1700 is way to much. If you just buy the one that i linked, its painted to match. Then you could wait or get the foglights now and have them wired. Shouldnt be more then $600 all togeather.

·
Registered
900 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I appreciate all the help fellas........looks like i have a nice shopping list of to do's...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh ya do i need a cobra delete kit? or will i need to get separate pony or something?

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
I did mine for around $450. bougth the bmper painted of ebay for $380 shipped, and the fog/bezel kit from LRS $160 (at the time)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
oh ya do i need a cobra delete kit? or will i need to get separate pony or something?
You dont need it, but it looks much better.. All it is really is the third piece to the mach 1 grill delete that goes over the radiator bracket.. Here it is: 2003-04 Mustang Cobra And Mach 1 Front Grille Filler Panel by Ford at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

And you will also need the screws for the bezels they do not come with them.. You could just get some from you hardware store, or just ask steve to throw them in if you order your bezels from tousley ford.. If i remember right there only a few bucks and saves the hassle of trying to find the size you need.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
do the fog's pop in or will i need screws for that too?

virtual high fives all the way around for everybody.......

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does anyone know which one is better quality?

Pershing Auto or Onlinepartsbin one?

do they both come with the side brackets so i won't have to rivet it in?

Also do i have to make any modification so my hood doesn't wreck it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I have the Pershing one, and you have to rivet the brackets in. Don't know about the other one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts