Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just showing off a bunch of pics of windstar swap, EGR Delete, and Catch can... They are click-able thumbnails...

Used Manifold bolt

The VAP kit comes with used manifold hardware-- What a rip

MAF<->Filter adapter

Coilpack bracket

Gaskets

Spectre 90 degree elbow

VHT paint for manifold 250 degree

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Filled IAC port

Filled IAC port and New IAC port

IAC valve bracket

Angled TB spacer

Modified 65mm TB

Home Depot- catch can

EGR manifold cap

EGR manifold cap- pool weld inside

EGR block off. Stock piece cut, filled with weld, ground smooth

New IAC port

Shaved IAC port

Freshly painted manifold. Age and degreaser had made it chalky

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone wants to know what they need for the windstar swap, I can share my knowledge with you. I bought the VAP auto kit.. and not quite sure if it was worth it. If you want to do it the easy way, you need the brackets spacer and TB, but that's it. The rest can be gathered yourself, for much cheaper.

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
Dude youre in Clearwater. I'll get the parts lol you come over and put the Windstar on for me. I am not mechanically inclined. Im more body and paint.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol, Do i get beer and dinner?

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
God, that IAC looks like crap. I filled mine better. (Inside) Mine is smooth...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yeah, not too impressed with the elbow... I like the love I'm getting for the shitty workmanship, I did all the mods to the manifold... lol jk... What can you expect? It's my first time working on the windstar manifold, and my first time with JB weld like that... No! The catch can adds 25hp! I just figured I might as well do it for $30, being as i have the 99 with the bad valve cover baffle... Between the EGR delete and the catch can, maybe my 93 oct gas will actually do what it's supposed to, now that it's not being diluted with exhaust and oil.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Yeah, not too impressed with the elbow... I like the love I'm getting for the shitty workmanship, I did all the mods to the manifold... lol jk... What can you expect? It's my first time working on the windstar manifold, and my first time with JB weld like that... No! The catch can adds 25hp! I just figured I might as well do it for $30, being as i have the 99 with the bad valve cover baffle.
You will be happy once you get it on. That manifold bolt dont look right. Do you have the rubber inserts that go in bolt holes?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, I have two sets now lol. I kept all the hardware when i got the manifold from the junkyard and he sent me a set. I figured they would be new, at least not rusty.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That ever even crossed my mind... Thanks, Add that to the list of things to do.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I also did me IAC like this. Much cleaner look. Got some copper 90"s from lowes (plumming)and silver sodier them together and painted black. I also notched the plastic so hose would bend around.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn.. You really tried to make it better. I like that too, but brass is already jb'd facing forward.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Be carefull with spring on TB. Mine got pinched on angle plate and caused a vacume leak. I notched the plate slightly.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts