Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i am new to the forum. I am looking for a list of extra parts i am gonna need to install a new Kenne Bell on my 95. I just have a few bolt ons such as 70mm TB, cheap cold air. I have a few others like headers and H pipe but they wont matter for the install. I know i will need a intake adapter gonna get a GT40 lower and i am thinkin of doin injectors and mass air well im there. Do you know of any other pieces i will need? I am also tryin to choose between the Flowzilla intake or the standard one. I don't think the intake will do much for me now with the stock heads but i wld probly use in the future. Thanks

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
If you don't already have the kit go with the flowzilla.. it'll help with the heat issues these blowers have and I don't recall kb producing the standard type anymore but they can probably be had allot cheaper since they are less desirable and of older design.

Injectors depends on the power out put of the blower/combo

gears?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Ryan! I have really been thinking about the Flowzilla cause i have read that it helps with the heat and the standard intake does restrict the KB a bit. Do you know if the intake can be upgraded to the flowzilla at a later time? I am thinkin i am gonna run prettty low boost since its all stock so injectors probly wldn't be need i guess. And for gears i still have the 3.08s in there now but that is gonna change to some 3.73s.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I believe the flowzilla is a different intake all together but give kb a call and ask them and i'd recommend an abaco mass air meter.. they are the best and you can change what they are calibrated for ie never buy another meter.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya i think that it is a dif. intake to. If ya look at the way the bypass valve is on the 2 of them i don't think it wld be able to be upgraded later. I will look at that meter, wld ne nice to never have to buy another one! I don't plan on runnin a lot out of the kenne bell so i am not to worried bout heat. I think it is the only thing that is makein me think twice bout the kb. thanks again ryan!

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
bigger fuel pump

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ryanw! I was thinkin of that also. I have read that some kits from Kenne Bell came with a bigger pump. that is something i will have to ask about when i place the order.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
don't forget that computer tune. When you order there superchargers you have to fill out a data form on the parts that are already on your car such as computer code h/c/i. miles on the car etc.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok i didn't know that. I think i am actualy gonna have it installed for me. Kennedys in Buffalo have been doin KB's for years and they install and dyno tune it for a really good price. I wld do it myself but cant really turn down the price for the install and tune! Just want to have all the parts ready for them. thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe the flowzilla is a different intake all together but give kb a call and ask them and i'd recommend an abaco mass air meter.. they are the best and you can change what they are calibrated for ie never buy another meter.
Hey flyin ryan are you runnin one of these Mass air meters? I looked at the site they look like a awesome product! Just wanted to know if ya have any troubles with changing the calibration on them?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Yes I have one.. it's simple as hell to change you just click drop down menu and choose what injector size.

I know a few people that have had them for a few years without a problem. I've had mine for two years now.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Pro m is another good mass air meter....Ive had mine for over 10 years and had no problems, and if you ever want to change your injector size all you have to do is send the meter back to pro M and they will recalibrate it for $100 regardless of how old it is.

But Ive have also read that abaco mass air meter is one of the best and with that meter you don't have to pay any one to recalibrate it, just down load the new size

·
Registered
71 Posts
The standard Kenne bell kit is $3099 has no bypass and comes with a fmu
leave everything stock for this kit. it's called the 6lb kit but you can have 6-12 lb boost -depending on the pulley you run
(you must run a stock pump and injectors for this kit)
This is a effective street kit but not what you want for all out racing

The set up with the by pass valve is $3399 this called the 8-18 lb kit and it's also called the 6-9 lb kit by Kenne Bell (I think it must be with different pulleys or something)

The same kit with the blowzilla manifolds runs $3699 and they also list it as a 6-9 lb kit
in one part of there web sight and as a 8-18 lb in a different spot.
(The 2 kits with the by pass valve are good for street or racing action)

All 3 kits use the same 2.1 blower. I have 3 pulleys for mine I have a huge pulley that keeps it down to 6lb I have a little smaller one that gives me 10-11 and really small one that I never had the balls to put on and see.

kenne Bell has a pretty cool web sight all the prices are displayed

the lower picture is of the standard kit without the flowzilla manifold I don't know why they have it listed as a by pass kit in the picture you can see the by pass valve on the one in the upper picture.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
The standard Kenne bell kit is $3099 has no bypass and comes with a fmu
leave everything stock for this kit. it's called the 6lb kit but you can have 6-12 lb boost -depending on the pulley you run
(you must run a stock pump and injectors for this kit)
This is mild street kit not what you want for all out racing

The set up with the by pass valve is $3399 this called the 8-18 lb kit and it's also called the 6-9 lb kit by Kenne Bell (I think it must be with different pulleys or something)

The same kit with the blowzilla manifolds runs $3699 and they also list it as a 6-9 lb kit
in one part of there web sight and as a 8-18 lb in a different spot.

All 3 kits use the same 2.1 blower. I have 3 pulleys for mine I have a huge pulley that keeps it down to 6lb I have a little smaller one that gives me 10-11 and really small one that I never had the balls to put on and see.

kenne Bell has a pretty cool web sight all the prices are displayed

the lower picture is of the standard kit without the flowzilla manifold I don't know why they have it listed as a by pass kit in the picture you can see the by pass valve on the one in the upper picture.
^^^^I wouldn't use a stock fuel pump and stock fuel injectors on any forced induction set up, but that just me

Sorry that just doesnt seem right to me and then on top of that , i wouldnt use a FMU either......No way in hell

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm going by what Kenne Bell calls for on there kits.-I'm no supercharger expert
I guess that the fmu shuts off the return line or something like that and the extra pressure makes extra fuel dump out the injectors. Supposedly the fmu is set to make the extra amount of fuel come out about right. And if you use a bigger than stock pump or injectors it will run rich when boosting-- (the tech guys say)
That's with the street kit only
I have been running a FMU for a long time and no problems running rich or lean when boosting. The plugs look fine when I pull them and check them.
I have the smaller kit with no by pass. I put about 19,000 mi on my car last year.
Sounds like you know more about it than me. How long did you run the FMU before you had problems?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I had a supercharger but i sold it before i installed it. I don't claim to be an expert but most people will tell you that getting your car tuned with the correct size injectors is the best way to go. and as for the stock fuel pump its just weak, and for only 100 bucks you can upgrade to a 255lph fuel pump.

FMU is forcing your injectors to do a lot more then they should. Its just the cheap way of going IMO. With any supercharger i think the correct size injectors are needed with matching mass air meter and 190-255lph fuel pump, and some sort of a tune. Just my 2 cents

so how do you like your supercharger, does it get heat soaked quickly ?

Next year I'm getting another supercharger with my tax return, the last one i had i sold to pay off my truck cuz i had a kid on the way, (i didnt want any payments) now that my kids over a year old, its time for daddy to play...lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a supercharger but i sold it before i installed it. I don't claim to be an expert but most people will tell you that getting your car tuned with the correct size injectors is the best way to go. and as for the stock fuel pump its just weak, and for only 100 bucks you can upgrade to a 255lph fuel pump.

FMU is forcing your injectors to do a lot more then they should. Its just the cheap way of going IMO. With any supercharger i think the correct size injectors are needed with matching mass air meter and 190-255lph fuel pump, and some sort of a tune. Just my 2 cents

so how do you like your supercharger, does it get heat soaked quickly ?

Next year I'm getting another supercharger with my tax return, the last one i had i sold to pay off my truck cuz i had a kid on the way, (i didn't want any payments) now that my kids over a year old, its time for daddy to play...lol
I have had good luck with my supercharger so far no complaints at all.
And by heat soaked if you mean does it get hot? Nope but I am only pushing 6lb boost. When I was on the turnpike coming back from NC I went up "seven mile" mountain I was boosting for about 14 minutes and it came up a few degrees
on the temperature gauge maybe it was from the supercharger getting hot I'm not sure. That's not a good place to pull over and check anything.
I'm retired and the kids are gone I can pretty much have what I want.
I have a new supercharger to install but I need to gather up some stuff first.
I have heard of people having heat build up problems with a supercharger
but I think that's the guys that running some serious boost.
when I boost it's usally only for a few seconds like getting on the freeway
or showing off and blowing the tires off in 2nd.

when I came up seven mile mountain the car was loaded and I was pulling a small trailer with my riding lawn mower in it . Why not? I got as much power as a F-150 dose.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This pony is sometimes a "workhorse" I drive it and use it

Might be a nice way to get the slicks and floor jack to the strip

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
This pony is sometimes a "workhorse" I drive it and use it

Might be a nice way to get the slicks and floor jack to the strip
ha ha thats funny,right on ,put her to work;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts