Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be buying a GT takeoff rear sway bar to but on my V6 but I will need to find the hardware for this somewhere and would like to stay away from the stealership so anybody know of any place that would sell this type of hardware?

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
for the nuts and bolts type of stuff you might as well just go to the dealer. that type of stuff won't cost to much. the only other option i can think of is finding a wrecked one at a junkyard.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
why dont you just take the bolts/nuts/brackets i.e. everything from the gt?

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
he's talking about buying a take off swaybar from a website. they don't sell the hardware with the bar only the bar itself.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Go to a hardware store and get the sizes you need in a Grade 8 so it will be stronger than stock and probably set you back 10 dollars

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know the sizes just the part numbers. The rear sway bar on newtakeoffs.com inlcudes the links and the bushings. So I would need to get the bolts,nuts,and couple of other things.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
should be the same as a GT, remove the bolts you need and then go to hardware store and get the matching ones. If not the factory bolts will probably be around $30 bucks. Go to your dealership and ask them for sizes, I don't know about your local dealership but mine will let me sit on there computer and search the Ford parts and I can see what I need.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Go to a mechanic shop and ask them to help you order the parts you need

1 - 8 of 8 Posts