Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I went out and bought a 95 stang with a frozen engine for 450. Im using the fender, hood, and door off of it, and maybe some more. well when I was taking the door off of it with my friend , we didnt think ahead and when we took the bolts off the wires were holding it on, and the door was kinda heavy from the angle, so my friend just cut the wires. now I just need to know how to do a "transplant" to take my door off and replace it. I just dont wanna splice all the wires and stuff. is there anywhere the wires unplug so I can just take the old wires out of the door and put the ones from my old door in? also I would like the window from my old door, cause it had dark tint, and the new window doesnt. one more thing, my airbags. they went off in the accident and I have no clue how to replace them. any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
For the airbags there are little "covers" on the side of the steering wheel pop those out and unscrew the mounting screws for the passenger side there are bolts under the dash you can access with the glove box open and the part the airbag flys out of that splits is just Velcro'ed on just un-velcro and slide it out

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump! i can see the door's wires go up into the dash, but without takin off the dash i cant see where they go. do they unplug at all?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Why don't you just take the door panel off of the door and unplug all of the connectors and pull them through the little hole, or did you cut the wires on the car you are putting the door onto.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I've never pulled one out of a Mustang but it shouldn't be too much trouble, on most cars you just have to pull the door panel off, roll the window down to where there are a couple access holes to get to the bolts that hold the window in place, take the bolts out and pull the window out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts