Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stupid question; when you pull up the little handle on the back of the passenger seat, its supposed to lean the seatback forward, but then, is the seat supposed to slide forward too? Mine for some reason is not and in fact I'm having trouble sliding it forward with the bar in front too. Just want to make sure how its supposed to operate before taking it to the dealer.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine is the same as yours. I thought the same thing.

·
Registered
664 Posts
No it doesn't slide forward with that lever. It was the same way on my 07. Unless I just got two bad cars in a row. Also mine is tough to slide forward with the bar underneath, unless someone is sitting in it then it is fine.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huh, well that's wierd. Well, I'm glad I'm not alone then. I guess it was just poor design.....unless I just discovered the next mass Mustang defect....LOL

·
Registered
272 Posts
I think it's designed to just move the back forward and not slide because if you had a power passenger seat it wouldn't work in sliding it as well. I have power seats, so can't help with the sliding issue. However, I'm gussing the dealer will tell you it was designed to slide with weight on it and is therefore working properly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Same here
Same here. My passenger seat isn't all that hard to move but I do have to put a bit of downward pressure on it to move it forward if it is empty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts