Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing somewhere before things you can do to your car to help it pass emissions better. does anyone have a tips or tricks or anything i can do to help. im not possitive its gonna fail but last year it did and it needed a lot of stuff for it to actually pass.

sucks too cause i only got like 400 miles over the 5000. cause if you drive less than 5000 miles you get an exempt for a year.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Making sure there are no leaks anywhere in the system from heads to tips can help quite a bit.

A well running fuel system keeps it up to par nicely. Which means keeping everything clean, having a good A/F ratio, a clean MAF helps, good o2 sensors.

Just having a well running vehicle obviously is what you need.

If you are looking for "tricks" to beat the system I haven't heard of anything that actually works.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
things i heard was put a pint of 100% alcohol in a gas tank full of 93. other things i heard but its been a while so i cant remember what they were or if they even work.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
I'd put timing at around 5 or so
change oil, new pvc valve..fuel injection cleaner like bg products

·
Registered
24 Posts
vfast said:
I'd put timing at around 5 or so
change oil, new pvc valve..fuel injection cleaner like bg products

I agree. When my car would not pass emissions in Canada, all I did is put ultra 94 in the tank and take the car for a WOT run down the expressway before I went to take the test. :woot

Also just before I got there I pulled over and set the timing at 8 degrees. The car will run like crap but it will pass :rockon

Good luck :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts