Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 4.6/5.4 2v assembled stage 3 heads, has anyone used there assembled heads and can say if there good quality and have a decent valve train, i was gonna use them on a 5.4 2v.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
The patriots are good heads from a flow/hp standpoint, I would just make sure they have the 8 thread spark plug holes or have timeserts installed because I have heard of many people blowing the factory 4 thread castings out on patriots.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The 4.6/5.4 2v assembled stage 3 heads, has anyone used there assembled heads and can say if there good quality and have a decent valve train, i was gonna use them on a 5.4 2v.

I have been very happy with my patriots, I've had them for probably 3-4 years now. I have them on both my stang and on a vette. I personally know probably ten other people with them as well in stangs, and maybe another half dozen or so with LS's. Everyone, without exception, is happy. Patriot was very big in the LS world before they ever ventured over to stangs. When they did, a good number of years ago now, they had an issue or two (which is not uncommon for a new product). The customer service has always been and is still top notch. They solved any and all issues years ago and have kicked out a very consistent product since then. I would not hesitate to recomend them to anyone I know.....hope that helps.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I may be wrong but i am pretty sure that the patriot heads are just ported stock heads with some good springs. This was why i went for the trick flow heads and never looked back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may be wrong but i am pretty sure that the patriot heads are just ported stock heads with some good springs. This was why i went for the trick flow heads and never looked back.
no your right there just ported pi heads, the trickflows are nice but expensive are stock TF heads that much better than a set of stage 3 ported pi heads?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
no your right there just ported pi heads, the trickflows are nice but expensive are stock TF heads that much better than a set of stage 3 ported pi heads?
trick flows aren't that much more & for the money you'll get relocated intake valves, spark plug issues fixed permenently, replaceable cam towers, your choice of combustion chamber cc's, etc,etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
trick flows aren't that much more & for the money you'll get relocated intake valves, spark plug issues fixed permenently, replaceable cam towers, your choice of combustion chamber cc's, etc,etc.
are the trickflow heads any where as good as my 4v mach 1 heads or not even close

·
Registered
119 Posts
It's clear your not ready to purhcase. You need to do some more homework. You need to establish your budget and goals.

When I bought my patriots there were no trick flow. It was an easy decision for me as I've already had their product on other cars and had a good experience. To be honest I'd probably still get the patriot today over the Trick Flow.

Whoever said the TF isn't that much more must not know pricing. You can get cams and the patriots for the price of the TF's.

But regardless if you have the budget to do a nice ported 4v head with cams of course that will be better. You need to figure how much money your going to throw at it. AND...if you have the budget for the 4v stuff then I would just do a blower first, hands down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts