Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier tonight as I was trying to leave work my car was not wanting to start. The "THEFT" light was blinking rapidly and the odometer was displaying "-------". While the key was in the Run position I could hear buzzing noise coming from under the hood. While I was trying to figure out what the hell was going on and I found this on google

If the theft light is flashing fast and the odometer reads all dashes, switch ignition to "ON" and leave it. After several seconds the theft light will begin flashing in a sequence (mine is 1 flash, then 6 more flashes). The computer is resetting, so leave it alone. This will continue for up to 3 minutes and the flashing will stop. Now remove your key and reinsert it. The odometer reading sould now display the numbers and the truck will start.
After following this chap's advice she started! But a another issue became apparent: What's causing this issue? The Alt? The ECU? Bad wire or ground?

This month I've been dealing with a battery drain issue. I can drive the car for a day, park it for the night and the battery will drain down, give it a quick jump and it will be good for a couple of days. I recently replaced the Neg. battery terminal and had my brother rebuild the alternator with new bearings, rectifier, & voltage regulator.*

[youtube_browser]oUQvujzUxFs[/youtube_browser]

Tips, tricks and advise are welcome right now. :bowdown:

·
Garage Built
1,098 Posts
You should check wiring and make sure there isnt a short circuit happening somewhere. I had the same problem, my battery would drain after parking it for a night. It happpened to be two wires touching causing it to drain the battery. I know its a pain in the ass to search for it but this would be a good place to start. Do you have a sound system?

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Earlier tonight as I was trying to leave work my car was not wanting to start. The "THEFT" light was blinking rapidly and the odometer was displaying "-------". While the key was in the Run position I could hear buzzing noise coming from under the hood. While I was trying to figure out what the hell was going on and I found this on google

After following this chap's advice she started! But a another issue became apparent: What's causing this issue? The Alt? The ECU? Bad wire or ground?

This month I've been dealing with a battery drain issue. I can drive the car for a day, park it for the night and the battery will drain down, give it a quick jump and it will be good for a couple of days. I recently replaced the Neg. battery terminal and had my brother rebuild the alternator with new bearings, rectifier, & voltage regulator.*

[youtube_browser]oUQvujzUxFs[/youtube_browser]

Tips, tricks and advise are welcome right now. :bowdown:
Ooooh oooh oooh.

I think I can help you with this. I just went through this with my swap.

Is the buzzing coming from the front right corner, near the wheel well?
If so, it's probably the CCRM. That buzzing is a relay in the CCRM hanging up. The CCRM just so happens to have the relay for the PCM and starter power in it, so if it isn't getting a good ground, you get a buzzing, and no power to the PCM. No power to the PCM means no odometer, and no communication with PATS.

The ground to the CCRM is pin #15, it's BL/WH. Check to make sure it's grounded to the chassis and/or block.

And here's the odd anecdote for mine; there's a ground on the core support just behind the passenger headlight, near the hood stop. My PO had a wire wrapped between that bolt and a stud on the timing cover. Probably not the right way, but it solved the issue.

Bottom line is check all your grounds. There's one there on the core support, one on the block by the drivers side engine mount, one on the back of the head, and of course all the ones that go to the negative post.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Had same problem but my car will shut off after driving it and do the same , solved my problem by cutting pin number 34 on ur connector on passenger side corner and cut same wire at the bottom of that connector and put them directly to each other problem has not happened again , that's just how I solved my problem wish you luck !

Oh also pin #34 runs to ur COPS

Sent from my PH44100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
.//Animosity
200 Posts
Only problem I havr ever had like this and still am. If your in the car and lock the door the alarm will engage when you shut the door right after. The only fix even after.resetting.the comp.was with the key fob unlocking and then locking to unlock to.be able.to even start the car.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts