1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
503 Posts
well i dont know what you need to make 10psi. dont forget about all the extras you need to buy to make your car run right. like a bigger maf and bigger injectors and fuel pump i would stud the heads and the most importantly a really good tune.

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I completely forgot about the extras, how much money over that 1500 are we talking? I am gonna have to save some more, plus I'm hoping for a repaint in spring.

·
Registered
503 Posts
i would say 2000 thats should cover you injector mass airflow fuel pump and tune. more if you plan on upgrading your ignition. that just around about figure it might be cheaper if you find deals on stuff or little bit more but i wouldnt go cheap on anything.

·
Registered
852 Posts
he probably means buying a smaller pulley... to make 10psi

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyone heard of CAT turbos?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
1500 for a junk super charger.
x2 they suck.. they produce tons of heat and aren't even close to being efficient as a novi1000 or a vortech sc or a trim because they are an old design and normally don't sell for anymore then a grand if that because you can pickup a used vortech s trim with extras for 1400-2000 over on corral.net all day long and that blower is many years more advanced and has tons of rooom to grow.

The norm for the sn89 and 93's is six pounds and they struggle with that so i'd advise you stay away or take that 1500 and pickup a vortech s trim or paxton novi 1000 or 2000

·
Free Mouth Hugs
9,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will do, Seen it on there and was wondering I wasn't actually looking right now but it was in the listings.

Thanks for the good advise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts