Modded Mustang Forums banner

Paxton S/C Final Decision

833 views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  PEACOCK 
#1 ·
I'm going with the Paxton s/c from Brenspeed with 10psi, kenne belle boost-a-pump, 39lbs injectors, intercooled. Probably LCA, single piece aluminum driveshaft, and the M/T Ets. Hoping this will put me in the mid to high 11's. What else might I need to do. Possible thinking going with 410's in the rear since I'm going centri instead of twin-screw.

#2 ·
with the driver mod you should be at your goal.

#5 · (Edited)
well what i plan on doing is getting lets say the paxton with brenspeed tunning and all 93 octane tune, lt headers, x pipe and after market exhaust..... does anyone have a clue to where that might put me in wrhp and or should i jusst plan on getting the saleen stage 3 from brenspeed with the exhaust, lt header and 93 octane tune, i know it will cost a lil more but will it show more wrhp and i am going for an insane dd and track every now and then

#7 ·
I just recently installed the Brenspeed Paxton 2200 SL HO kit and all I can say is for the money you can't bet it. I have yet to throw it on the dyno but man this thing is awsome ! Nothing like being able to slid the ass end around with your right foot, gotta love it.

You can also work with Brenspeed on a discount by using your own hand held (SCT) and if you are paying cash it's even more of a discount.

So from my view point (a bit biased) I am very pleased !

#9 ·
The Paxton is capable of way more power than your stock bottom end can handle.

If the car sees the street more than anything else, then the Saleen kit makes more sense for you application. The power with the twin screw blowers comes on much sooner than a centi blower, which, IMO, makes for a lot more fun on the street.

#10 ·
Not trying to start a debate but I'll say this, I have read the countless threads about the TS verses the Centri's and the lower RPM power. I can say with a 4:10 gear set and the Paxton set up you have more power than you know what to do with and when you need it! Unless of coarse you want a sit and spin ? And when you are in need of top end the little Centri pulls all the way through red line which is well past where the TS gives up.

#13 ·
i have the paxton frome brenspeed, whit l/t,x pipe ,delet plates, 4:10,making487rwhp and 430rwt whit his can tune over a year now whit no problems
auto or manual? and what are your track times?

#14 ·
It will see the streets more but I've read the arguments on low centris and low rpm but thats why i was gonna go with the 410 gears to compensate for that. I just want to be around 11.5 with a good DD. I don't know I guess by the time I put the gears in I'll be around what it would cost to get the stage 3 saleen. What kind of times am I looking at with the paxton and 355 gears, with M/T et streets?

#16 ·
What will the suspension consist of?

And when it comes to running a good time, it is completely up to the driver.

It's impossible to say you will run this time with these mods. We can give you a ballpark estimate, but there are way too many variables to say this is what this car will run.

From the sound of it, you have never been to the track before, so my guess for your first run would be a 12.8-13.0. After some more seat time, probably around 11.8-12.0.

#15 ·
I'm the one making 418rwp. That was on my second pull, the first one was 450. I decided yo keep it at 418 and be conservative and respect the engine. Can't be happier with my Paxton.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.