Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Vortech V3

Votes: 11 40.7%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which system is better? more reliable? safer? they both run around 10 psi and they are both about the same price. vortech system from brenspeed is estimating a 190 rwhp gain and the paxton estimates a 160rwhp gain.

They both also offer the standard package that gains about 150rwhp for about 3900 that can be upgraded later with a heat exchanger, intercooler, smaller pulley etc...

What do you guys think?
Mustang GT HIGH OUTPUT Vortech Supercharger V3 Brenspeed Package (05-10)
Mustang GT Paxton Supercharger SL Satin Brenspeed Package (05-10)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I've always liked Procharger out of the big three centrifugals. I guess they all have their good and weak points. I've had great reliability for Procharger and they offer a lot of compressor choices.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The Paxton 2200 SL head unit is capable of producing more HP than the Vortech v3 si head unit. but at 10 psi (intercooled) they should both make pretty much the same power. As far as the paxton only producing additional 160 at 10 psi I think that must be a typo because they are advertising the paxton unit as producing additional 150 hp at 8 psi. So it really depends on what your longterm goals are. I went with the V3 as they did not offer a 8psi standard paxton kit when I got mine. I am looking to add the intercooler and 10 psi pulley now anyway though so I should of just saved up the extra cash in the first place I suppose. I dont think you could go wrong with either one. They are both manufactured by the same company I cant remember which one bought out the other though.

Reactions: AMmuslGT

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
They are both made by the same people. The only difference is the Paxton does air to air and Vortech is air to water aftercooler. I say Paxton I'm extremely happy with mine. I believe it's all in the dyno tune you do to your car which I believe is the best and safest way. I guess it's all up to you. Paxton has been around since before I was born. Do your homework and research like navyman. He has been doing his for a long time lol.

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
The paxton head unit has a larger impeller than the vortech. Not a huge difference, but a difference that will add up with boost.

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
procharger fool....ask ia07gt...he's running one. its delicious

·
5,818 Posts
you really can't go wrong with any of the major 3 centri's, but I like the paxton the best. Then the vortech then the procharger. But you can make a badass car out of all of them. But out of the 2 choices you gave us. PAXTON NOVI 2200SL all day!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
wow jsut got done with my homework to find i have not been forgotten thanks burnin, AND YESS GO PROCHARGER OR GO HOME CRYIN'

·
5,818 Posts
^ meh.....someone is always faster and the build is what matters. All of them are solid and the brenspeed kits are sick.

·
5,818 Posts
Paxton and vortech are made by the same company;). The head units them self are pretty similar.
I know hommie....but they make the paxton kits for huge power possibilities. 900hp and the vortechs are 775ish. Nothing to scoff at, I just like the paxton setup. But the vortech I hear is easier to instal.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Procharger > both of your choices.
+1

I've always liked Procharger out of the big three centrifugals. I guess they all have their good and weak points. I've had great reliability for Procharger and they offer a lot of compressor choices.
+1

procharger fool....ask ia07gt...he's running one. its delicious
Smart man...

I had never owned a procharger till I purchased my 06. But after having that for a bit, I sold my KB off my 91 and bought one for it too, if that tells you anything of my opinion on them.

But for the two that you asked about, I would go with the Paxton. They have come a long way with thier designs. The SN89 was my first SC ever and it was fun but full of issues ( no matter how many times I sealed the case it always kept leaking within a month or so, headunit runs extremely hot, and bad location as it sits right over the top of the alternator and burns them up quick ) and because of my expierence I had stayed clear of Paxton, but I hear they are doing some good things these days and have done alot of work to make a new name for themselves.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i prefer the vortech's air/water IC.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts