Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I apologize, I don't have the course map scanned for y'all the way Jazzer does.

This event was put on by the local chapter of the PCA (Porsche Club of America), and was run a little different than the ESCA events.

Three run groups instead of two, tech was scattered, and a 3-line starting grid instead of the (in my opinion) far superior chevron start. Groups rotated from Race->Work->Rest, which I felt worked VERY well for speedy transitions, though they elected to not have a dedicated lunch, and expected people to eat on their rest period (no biggie, but it cut down on cross-group socializing).

The course was *VERY* tight compared to a typical ESCA course. Usually I short shift into 2nd, and leave it there 'til the finish line. Today, it was 1st gear for 90% of the course. Makes sense... they're designing it to give the Porsche guys an advantage (And they needed it - I don't think there was a Porsche in the top 3 times).

Speaking of top times, I don't have the official list, but it was a low 49 second run by a very prepped Honda hatch. A vintage Mini and C5 Corvette (LS1 car with Z06 suspension/brakes) rounded out the top 3, all with sub-50 second times.

I, as usual, was several seconds down on the top timers. Of 60-70 cars, I'd put myself in the top 15 with my fastest run of 55.8 seconds. (I pulled a high 54, but a couple cones disagreed with me).

I was only testing out the GoPro today, so of 8 runs, I have video of two:

I should have runs for all my runs for tomorrows event, which Jazzer (and maybe several other MM'ers?) should be attending.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Does look like a technical course... TOO BAD I WASN'T ABLE TO RUN IT :mad:

Elizabeth and I showed up around 8:15, as usual, and began setting up. She was waiting in line to register and I was setting up camp. She comes over and says "the guy said no passengers allowed on course :(" I said "What the....?" That doesn't make sense and went up to confirm. Sure enough, the PCA does NOT allow passengers due to insurance reasons (I F'in HATE insurance companies) so we packed up and left :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I received a phone call from Keith (ESCA) about 5:00 last night and told me same deal for Sunday. I left the car all packed and was 100% prepared to head out for this morning. Now I just have to un-pack all my stuff and am heading up to Clear Lake for the day to visit my Mom. Hey, I love my Mom and nice to see her, but would MUCH rather go with plan-A.

Jazzer :mad:

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jaz, I'm confused....

I know both you and Elizabeth are members... why not just have both of you drive the Vixen? I guess it's a little late for you to see that before today's event... man, sorry I won't see you out there :(

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Ya, she can't drive a stick and has zero desire to drive my car. She could not bare (sp?) the thought of damaging it in some way. Besides, she is my co-pilot. There have been several times when I was about to go the wrong side of a cone or wrong direction and she corrected me midway into a section :eek:. She said if she had brought a book or maybe just KNEW this was going to be the case, she might have just accepted it. As it was, I just instantly turned off to the entire event and lost all interest in going at all :mad:

Will be looking forward to the 10th and doing my darndest to finish off my 888's on the last event of the season (about 80% done at this point). I figure if I go full-stiff on my rear sway bar and find an wide enough space on course, I could throw in approx 35~30 doughnuts and finish them off :shiftyeyes

If I don't hit any cones.... will I still be penalized? :confused:

·
I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
1,166 Posts
dang jazzer, you seem a lil irked by the insurance :stickpoke: jk jk but yeah dude the course was really right there was a boat of an el camino that took out a line of cones in one fail swoop, and a beamer busted something and had to limp across the line. my highlight was the guy in the rx-7 that was just bouncing it off the rev limiter the entire 1st run.

·
I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
1,166 Posts
Weather and everything else permitting i will be out there the 10th. :)

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, so I grossly overestimated my skills for that day - According to the official posted list, I was 37th(!!!) of 70.

707 - I didn't even see you! I was in the only SN95 there...

·
I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
1,166 Posts
Okay, so I grossly overestimated my skills for that day - According to the official posted list, I was 37th(!!!) of 70.

707 - I didn't even see you! I was in the only SN95 there...
i saw your car there but i didn't know who you were lol. . . i saw a dude with really long hair by your car and a guy with a scruffy looking beard. i was parked way in back by the entrance i had brought my dark gray MKV Gti, i was the only one with an MKV, i left around 11ish my wife and i were standing by the start line i was wearing a red shirt a hat and glasses....

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i saw your car there but i didn't know who you were lol. . . i saw a dude with really long hair by your car and a guy with a scruffy looking beard. i was parked way in back by the entrance i had brought my dark gray MKV Gti, i was the only one with an MKV, i left around 11ish my wife and i were standing by the start line i was wearing a red shirt a hat and glasses....
Of those two I guess I would've been the guy with the scruffy looking beard, hahaha. The guy with the long hair (Julian) was driving a beat-to-hell-and-back-twice Accord that lost 3 of it's spark plugs on Sunday.

·
I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
1,166 Posts
lol wow.... 3 plugs.... wow. . . . .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts