Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the pro's and con's fo a PCV Delete system like This One ? Would something like this help reduce some carbon buildup and fouling of the sparkplugs? I had a leak in my intake manifold which led to the PCV to run too good on my 99 3.8L a while back, and it messed up my coil pack and fouled 2 of my spark plugs. Would something like this keep that from happening again? Worth the money or not?

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
pvc catchcan is better of an option, because the breathers will vent the crankcase gases into you engine bay, and as soon as you turn on your HVAC you will pull those gases into the cab. these actually don't reduce carbon buildup but reduce the oil deposits, which are engines are notorious for. actually in 01 i think ford attempted to reduce the issue with a baffle inside of the valve cover, but no luck. steeda actually sells a catchcan kit, but you can make a homemade one too, i have a small catchcan and clear russell fuel filter daisey chained, you have to empty the oil from the catchcan every so often but it is worth it... do a few searches on v6power for "pcv catchcan" and you should find several writeups...

(http://www.v6power.net/vb/search.php?searchid=27883)

here's a good write up = http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=14557

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man. I just wanted to know if this overflow of the PCV could result in the issue I had with the intake manifold getting too hot and blowing a gasket... Thanks for the information

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
probably not the cause of you bustin the gasket, but our PCV oiling issue can cause probs with gumming of the IAC, TB, IRMC's, spark plug related deposits, and overtime buildup in the upper and lower intakes. Most of the time you will see the plug deposits on the rear two cylinders, so check those first because this will also cause a decrease of fuel economy, maybe around 15-30 miles per tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts