Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright fellas, I have a catch can (same setup as jive) the summit racing one. Anyways, my pcv side does not fit... It barely sits there and i have to check on it because sometimes it becomes disconnected. Anyways question is, any idea where to find a matching boot/ rubber attachment with a same size pcv valve, or even better just an attachment without the pcv. I have tried using the assorted ones from shucks, and no luck.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried using the assorted ones from shucks, and no luck.
Because it hasn't worked. If someone knows where to get an oem boot with oem pcv valve it would rock. Local auto parts store is why i have problem in first place.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks wraith, i pm'd him i knew we had a ford guy lurking around didnt realize he was a vendor though!.

And i need the other side, passenger side. The side the pcv valve plugs into the valve cover, the valve keeps popping out. Its basically just sitting there instead of being secure.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
can I get a pic of your catch can system? Im probably gonna have to go to something like this eventually...for now its jus gonna be breathers on the valve covers lol

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude breathers suck!! And Steve got back to me he has both parts in stock.

Look up jives setup, his is a much cleaner instal, he actually bolted the damn thing in! I used high quality.... zip ties! lol! But you should do this man. Much better than breathers, and better than pcv system with inline filters (still lets stuff in).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Im getting ready to do the catch can too..the little filters stink up the engine bay (i smell it with the heat on) and the slight oil residue makes a mess of a nice engine.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Is there anything else you need to do besides putting the breather filter / catch can in place? It seems like a bad idea to vent the crankcase back to the intake with the little bit of oil that comes through with it and builds up in the intake piping.

Can you get some pics up of a pcv delete setup? There's none in Jive's garage and I'd like to see what this looks like.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I did it because of supercharging really...too much pressure in the crankcase. basically u are running hoses from the existing elbows in the valve covers is all. as for doing this w/o being supercharged...just need to see how it runs, may create a "vacuum leak" type of syndrome...obviously u would also need to cap the existing intake pcv as well. I have "heard" it cab be bad for your rings too do disconnect, s/c'd...have no choice.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/101103-post-your-catch-can-sperator-pictures.html scroll down a few to jives.

This is my setup except mine has the hoses go under the intake tube and under other stuff. I also mounted mine lower down using the radiator support (that metal rod by the fan) and the bracket for the power steering i think it is (or brake dont feel like freezing my ass off to look right now).

Also later i cut a section of about 2 inches out of the summit can since it is so freaking huge. Then used jb weld to seal it back together and then used paint to seal it up over thin layer of silicone.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks bud, ended up being like 20 bucks for both of em shipped. Worth it! Keep getting oil residue all over that valve cover and then the smell of it in the car when heats on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.