Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car runs strong now that I changed the intake gasket, head gaskets, wires and plugs, but I never heard of this screen. I have 125#s of pressure in each cylinder but still smoking in the #8 cylinder. It is a cobra intake with stock heads.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
why dont you pull the screen out and clean it ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem, when the car warms up I still get puffs of blue smoke when I let off of the throttle. Every cylinder each has 125#'s of pressure, and I only drove the car about 40 miles since I changed the screen. Should this smoke clear up after a few miles?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Where does the screen go? Under the PCV valve? Just looked and my car doesnt have one and I have been having some sputtering issues for a while. What would it do if you dont have one?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, it's under the pcv valve in the back of the intake manifold. I changed mine because I was getting oil on my #8 plug and it was full of oil. If you never changed it, I would. I find it runs a whole lot better but I still have a little lingering smoke when it warms up. It's a cobra intake but the stock intake has it also. I don't know what happens if you don't have one, I believe it's to stop blow by.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Where does the screen go? Under the PCV valve? Just looked and my car doesnt have one and I have been having some sputtering issues for a while. What would it do if you dont have one?
when you pull the pcv valve stick your finger inside the hole. if it fills like a grill material then you do have one. i had to use my nail toward the edge to get mine out. its not that easy to get a grip on it

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My friend is saying the lower intake gasket is leaking, he told me to crank the engine and take the oil filler cap, it was sucking air. I have been changing the #8 spark plug every other week thinking an oil ring was stuck, but it has the same compression as all the other cylinders, any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Next time just spray the crap out of it with brake cleaner.

If replacing/cleaning it doesnt help take a look inside and past the throttle body. Grab a flashlight. If the PCV was clogged bad theres a good chance the upper intake needs a good cleaning. The vac fitting pokes thru on the left wall and can be covered with deposits. The hose for the PCV could still have junk in it to.

A little Seafoam perhaps?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts