Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A LOT of oil. I noticed on the intake manifold there is oil on it around where the carb sits. I am replacing the gasket in a little bit, but for the time being, I am trying to figure out why it's sucking so much oil. I noticed it was eating about a quart a month, so I replaced the valve cover gaskets and the rear main seal (which WAS leaking) about a month ago. I checked the oil this morning, and noticed it was a quart low AGAIN, and then saw the oil on the intake manifold. I got curious as to why, pulled the PCV line going into the carb, and oil was dripping out of it. The valve covers aren't baffled, so I believe that is probably the problem. Any insight? The engine is coming out next month for a rebuild. Will I be OK for a month not using the PCV system?

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
you need breather's on the valve covers/intake if you have no PCV. and you cant have both.

pull the puv out and shake it. if you dont hear a rattle, its sticking, and that is probably why its sucking up oil.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was shaking. I had a breather on the passenger side, and athe PCV on the drivers side. I threw another breather on the drivers side and put a new carb gasket on. The car feels much more responsive and revs up much more smoothly, the thing on there wasn't even a gasket, it was a hard piece of plastic, and didn't seal at all. Thanks for the input, it's much appreciated :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts