Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back to the dyno today for a lil test-n-tune session. Forgot to swap my Drag Radials to my stockers. We did a few baseline runs. Car made 863/720 with sticky drag radials, down 10/20 from the week before. While on the dyno, took off the Ford Racing twin 65mm t-body and put on the Cobra Jet Monoblade. Took all of maybe 5 minutes. Only change being the T-body, jumped in and made a pass with zero tuning............ 905/741. I almost **** myself, I thought maybe 10-15 max. Rewarded with a 42 rwhp, 21 rwt gain just making the swap.

Tuned out with a toasty blower it made 914/749. So in short the Monoblade was worth 51 rwhp, 29rwt..... Not bad for $700 at this level. And yes, you can feel the difference! lol

FS: Like new FR 65mm t-body................ lol

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
Damn your car is making some crazy power.. Shooting for 1000hp?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LMAO!!

Thanks guys, I think I'm done with this one. I could spend another $2,400 for the 10 rib set-up. I just don't think its going to really make anymore power. Blower is just about maxed out. And the actual block integrity has me slightly concerned.

The short block is built...

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Maybe port the heads? Or maybe just recharge the Flux Capacitor.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe port the heads? Or maybe just recharge the Flux Capacitor.
I don't think there would be much of a gain porting the heads on this combo. The heads are pretty good. With FI, I don't think the bang for the buck would be there. Plus the time to pull it apart....

Recharging the F.C., now you're talking!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You need to just stop. :lol That's ridiculous
lol, I'm done...... Except for the Afco duel fan heat exchanger...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts