Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for a pedal kit that puts the pedals close together and at an even height off the floor and i cant find one anywhere. does something like this even exist or will i have to make it? all i found was a rig with a bushing and hose clamps to bring the has pedal up a little but this still doesnt fix the problem with the has pedal being so far away from the brake pedal. makes it rather difficult to heel toe

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
If you get the pedals at the same height, it'll help you a lot. Maximum Motorsports and Jegs make a clutch pedal height adjuster that works wonders. I have one and recommend it to everyone.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
FYI from that page:

The "Make your own Freeplay Kit" doesn't work on all transmissions. I tried to make my own, and with the recommended spring and spacer, I had almost an inch left before the spring even made contact. The LDC kit comes with a 4" spring, that spring is only 3" long, and wouldn't even reach. The LDC kit worked perfectly though. I know a few people that have used the homemade one and it worked, but I know a couple that had the same problem I did.

I still have the spring and spacer if someone wants to come by and get it to try it on their car.

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
I believe that's correct, most people have told me that it worked great, a couple have said that 173 is the incorrect spring.

FYI: Part of that article is incorrect for some transmissions, at least mine and 1 other I've verified.

The make your own LDC Chicago Freeplay kit part. The #173 spring is a 3" long spring, and even with the spacer, it doesn't come close to making contact between the spacer and the clutch fork. I would need a 4" long spring to do anything, which coincidentally is what the LDC kit comes with.
That's weird, the #173 at my Ace is a 4.25" long spring, I didn't even need much of a spacer. Maybe the model numbers are different at different stores...
I just went to my local ACE Hardware store and bought the #173 spring; it is in fact a 4.25'' long spring. The manager helped me find the spring; I asked him if they are the same at all stores, and he said that they are supposed to be the same.

Thanks for your write-up asiansensation78, it was very helpful! :cool:

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
You must have posted that during my hiatus from internet forums........ I never saw your response to that one.

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Yup lol, don't get me wrong, the LDC Free Play Kit is awesome, though I'm also all for DIY when the opportunity presents itself :yes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts