Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone every used these Percy header gaskets before? If so, how did they work, and is there any certain way they go on?

Thank you.

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
I actually just installed a set of LTs and I did not use the traditional percy gaskets... Brenspeed included a set of..umm... hard to explain but "felt" gaskets that are extremely heat resistant and from what they said on the package reduce exhaust leaks... I will see if i can find them on here and post up the link.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the link, I also ordered up some LTH's from Brenspeed, and bought some Percy gaskets for them. But mine are thin aluminum, about .01 thick each, and you use six a side.. I guess we will see how they go on..

Thank you!

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
thats kind of odd.. I ordered the exact setup and they sent me the other gaskets...

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LMAO.... Im going to trust ya on this one!!!!

I was asking because I have never used aluminum gaskets before..

What brand of LTH's did you just install?

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you like it??? How did it go?? any chance we can get a video of the sound??

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
well i am going to say i have never used them before but i am jealous of your new set up! have to let me know how you like that set up when it is complete, was thinking of a similar set up! Thanks!

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
This is a post i put up in another thread about the install:

The install took me and my buddy about 4 hours... that was including removing several parts that we later deemed unnecessary to remove. you do however have to lift the motor about 1 inch and remove several things to squeeze the LTs in there, If you have a hydraulic lift make sure you lift the motor from the bottom rather than pulling it from the top, hence removing the unnecessary parts! I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS IN YOUR GARAGE!! haha i know people do it all the time but they claim it takes sometimes up to 10-11 hours, entirely too long if you ask me.

The only downside to the longtubes is that they rub on the right inner fenderwell just barely but upon making a left hand turn and getting on the throttle the motor torques right and the body rolls left so it rubs slightly, which is quite gay. But the sound and power is badass...

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Saleen - loosen the motor mounts at the k-member and slightly slide the motor over just a touch and that rub will be gone. Done it several times for guys locally. Mounts are slotted for this very reason.
Thank you for the heads up!!!!

rep+1

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Saleen - loosen the motor mounts at the k-member and slightly slide the motor over just a touch and that rub will be gone. Done it several times for guys locally. Mounts are slotted for this very reason.
Perfect... I will do that as soon as I pull into the shop when I put the cams in!! Thank you again +1 for you!! I was getting pretty tired of it!

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
I have the percy's dead soft aluminum gaskets. The instructions tell you which way they face.

Reactions: eleanor08

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
i used the stock gaskets :dunno

1 - 20 of 25 Posts