Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into buying one, jus got an air intake and my engine light popped up. Says my engines to lean or to rich. I took it to a mechanic and he said that if I got the chip I would get the full potential of the intake and it would make my car ultimately faster and better on gas. Any specific type that I should buy?

·
So say we all.
594 Posts
You'll get more live support and options with the SC3 X3 Bama Tuner.

I got it, Ive noticed a huge difference.

With just a stop watch and from dead at a stop light, I gained 3 secs 0-60 (19 to 16)

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Skip the chip, go with the handheld tuner. Easier to change options yourself. Also, SCT is more commonly used by dyno tuners than DiabloSport. So if you plan on building your car enough to need a dyno tune, check with your local tuners and see what they use. If not, just go with SCT for sure.

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
You'll get more live support and options with the SC3 X3 Bama Tuner.

I got it, Ive noticed a huge difference.

With just a stop watch and from dead at a stop light, I gained 3 secs 0-60 (19 to 16)
If it takes you 16 seconds to get from 0-60. You have a much bigger problem.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
816 Posts
What about diablosport?
I have a Trinity with BAMA tunes and its awesome. The virtual drag strip is super fun and pretty accurate. It has me running 14.9x-15.1x 1/4 miles. At the track I ran 15.23. Diablosport has its own forum where all my questions were answered quickly. BAMA even called Diablosport and had them help them with a tine issue I was having. Great customer service on both ends and a great tuner. It comes preloaded with really good tunes and holds 5 custom tunes. But if you need a dyno tune you better see what brand they use. You can go to Diablosport's website and see if there are dynos in your area that use Diablosport's CMR tuning.

·
Registered
816 Posts

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
That still shouldn't take 19 or 16 seconds. And why is this in the 05-10 section :lol

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Don't the 05+ require a tune in order to even swap out CAI? If you don't have the tuner to accommodate for the CAI, you'll run out of specs and could cause less performance, no?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Don't the 05+ require a tune in order to even swap out CAI? If you don't have the tuner to accommodate for the CAI, you'll run out of specs and could cause less performance, no?
only if the diameter of the maf is changed. otherwise no they dont need a tune

·
crippled Vet
15 Posts
highly unlikely you dont gain enough from just a CAI to cause any problems. on the other hand there will always be a couple cases in which a tune could be required but that goes with any type of vehicle. the majority tho would not need anything extra if your just doing an intake

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys, definately gonna go with the bama tuner, is a computer required to hook up to the tuner?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Thanks guys, definately gonna go with the bama tuner, is a computer required to hook up to the tuner?
It is required for email tunes, yes.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Right, you can install preset tunes w/o a computer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts