Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while I've been wondering if my clutch is some type of performance clutch, or if I'm just still getting used to driving the V8. I was hoping to get some help figuring out if it is or not, though I realize this will be hard since I have no experience with the previous clutch or with other Mustang GT's.

I started to wonder this because after driving the car regularly for a while, I still did not get the shifting down as smooth as I thought I would have. It's feels like there is a little slipping as I engage, and then theres a moment where the gear just locks in and you feel it throughout the car. Nothing extreme that worries me like shaking or bucking, but just a sudden "BAM now you're in gear." The slower I let up the clutch the lesser this effect.

Also, this seems to be most annoying in first gear when I'm trying to make it as smooth as possible without reving the engine super high.

I also did try stalling the car on purpose to see how hard the clutch grabs and it grabs very hard (in my opinion). The wheels skidded when I did this.

Is there anything I can do to find out more about my clutch?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Take the tranny out, or contact the previous owner. It sounds like a stage 2+ clutch to me, almost exactly like mine but I don't know what clutch I have either but it's around a stage 2 from what I have experienced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts