Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about adding in chrome rims, but I want to upgrade my V6 'stang's performance a little bit

I don't mind the 200 HP

I would like to add in duel exhaust. Would this kit be good?
MAC Mustang Dual Exhaust Conversion Kit (99-04 V6) TK3849 - Free Shipping!

Doesn't sound too loud, but sounds pretty nice. Has a deep growl to it, and it does sound like a V8 at low RPM's. I love the sound when it gets to higher RPM's.

This cuts the Y Pipe into 2. Should I get it? Or should I just get a true dual? This is the cheapest one. I don't want to spend over $800 on a car I won't have for too long, especially since I'm going to go for a Nissan 350z next year.

·
2013 5.0
2,982 Posts
I was thinking about adding in chrome rims, but I want to upgrade my V6 'stang's performance a little bit

I don't mind the 200 HP

I would like to add in duel exhaust. Would this kit be good?
MAC Mustang Dual Exhaust Conversion Kit (99-04 V6) TK3849 - Free Shipping!

Doesn't sound too loud, but sounds pretty nice. Has a deep growl to it, and it does sound like a V8 at low RPM's. I love the sound when it gets to higher RPM's.

This cuts the Y Pipe into 2. Should I get it? Or should I just get a true dual? This is the cheapest one. I don't want to spend over $800 on a car I won't have for too long, especially since I'm going to go for a Nissan 350z next year.
If you're getting a 350z next year. Dont waste your money on the sixer.

If you insist...

I have that cat back and I really like it. It still drones a bit but I upgraded from stock so it was a big difference. If you getting a new car Dont spend any money on performance because there is nothing less than $500 performance wise that you'll notice.

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
I wouldn't spend too much on it if you're planning on getting a new car. Could always do gears and be done. That should make it a little more fun to drive without breaking the bank.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
If you're getting a 350z next year. Dont waste your money on the sixer.

If you insist...

I have that cat back and I really like it. It still drones a bit but I upgraded from stock so it was a big difference. If you getting a new car Dont spend any money on performance because there is nothing less than $500 performance wise that you'll notice.
This except i vote a gt catback with a custom H

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wouldn't that cost me nearly 600$+ for a Catback Exhaust H Pipe

Way over my budget right now

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Wouldn't that cost me nearly 600$+ for a Catback Exhaust H Pipe

Way over my budget right now
Go to an exhaust shop and tell them you want a custom fabbed h pipe. Most places will make and install one for $250 or less. Hell, some guys here have gotten their midpipes fabbed + installed, mufflers purchased + installed, and tail pipes purchased + installed for under $300.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn, that's pretty good...I'll have to look around

Would I tell them I want the H Pipe to be dual? Since I do want dual exhausts..

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
I wouldn't waste any money on "performance" for a v6 if you're buying a 350z next year. Actually, I wouldn't really spend anything at all on the Mustang. You're gonna want that money when you're modding the Z.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love my V6 though. It's like a car I've been with for a while lol

It becomes part of you no matter how stupid that sounds

I'm going to be getting a Z Fall of next year so any money I spend now (as long as it isn't over $500) isn't really going to hurt me. This is probably the last thing I'll do to my 'Stang before it's gone

1 - 9 of 9 Posts