Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a bit of a dilema, I have three choices and these are the only three options right now. So please give me your opinions of these choices only.
I have a budget of $1500 only.

Choice number one, powerdyne supercharger for $1200 with $300 left over. Using the factory e7 heads.

Choice number two, Powerdyne supercharger with a set of gt40 heads for $1500.

Choice number three, a good set of trickflow heads.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The supercharger will give you more power.

As for the GT40 heads I'd say don't waste your money. The supercharger is going to max out the E7's or the iron GT40's.

I'm a sucker for N/A engines so I'd go with a good set of heads first and foremost, but if you want good power real soon I'd say get the supercharger and save the 300 for a rainy day.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the only reason i was thinking about changing heads along with the supercharger is I need to replace the head gaskets anyway.

·
Registered
496 Posts
#2 if you have everything else you need to go with the upgrade. You'll always find little stuff you have to change when doing upgrades that you dont account for.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are the gt40 or gt40p's better?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Are the gt40 or gt40p's better?
Yes they are better than the E7's and most people get some extra horses out of them over the E7's. The GT40p's are better due to the smaller combustion chamber (58cc?) and more airflow vs. the 64cc chambers on the gt40's. The smaller exhaust port isn't a big deal I don't think but depending on what your wanting you may prefer the larger exhaust port on the regular gt40's, particularly if running a supercharger.

Either way though your going to max out the heads anyhow.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
If your budget is 1500 max then either supercharger is out. You need fuel upgrades to run one or you will run lean.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
lol 1500....

42 lb injectors-200 used
255-100
maf-250
tune=500

yay you have 450 left to buy a blower

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Damn all you guys beat me to it ^^^^^^^ lol

Ive heard that Powerdyne supercharger suck......
And i plan i supercharging my car next year, but powerdyne will not be the one i use.
But fogged306 is right, theirs a lot more to it then just the supercharger, Theirs the cost of Upgraded , Fuel pump, fuel injectors, calibrated mass air flow sensor, tuning and probably a bunch of other stuff that i cant think of right now.

Not to mention boosting with stock heads and intake seems like your going to leave a lot of Horse power on the table, just my two cents

I vote for option #3. Trick flow heads

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well your little price list doesn't matter. The s/c is coming from a good friend of mine with injectors, pump, maf, a9l computer, and all the extra hardware. I have thought about all those things and asked him before i posted it up on here.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
well your little price list doesn't matter. The s/c is coming from a good friend of mine with injectors, pump, maf, a9l computer, and all the extra hardware. I have thought about all those things and asked him before i posted it up on here.
Well then you can run the blower if you're getting all that. But like everyone else is saying, powerdynes are iffy. They're belt driven and the belts tend to snap. I would dig around and see if you can line up cheap replacement belts for that model head unit before you spend any money on it. Just talked to a guy running one and he had mentioned that until recently, you had to pay $200 for a replacement belt, but part numbers have surfaced for the belt and you can source them yourself for relatively cheap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts