·
Registered
55 Posts
what a helpful thread!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
:lmao

turbo will be more expensive but will end up netting higher gains than a supercharger

·
Registered
59 Posts
Depends on what your trying to build. Absolute most power or good reliable power. Turbo will net the most power but there have been a lot more guys blow up there V6 with turbos then with superchargers. I have 134,000 miles on my 4.0 with 104,000 miles my X-Charger currently running 330RWHP and I pound the crap out of it! I don't know of any Turbo 4.0 lasting anywhere near that long but they sure put out some high horse power for a while.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Depends on what your trying to build. Absolute most power or good reliable power. Turbo will net the most power but there have been a lot more guys blow up there V6 with turbos then with superchargers. I have 134,000 miles on my 4.0 with 104,000 miles my X-Charger currently running 330RWHP and I pound the crap out of it! I don't know of any Turbo 4.0 lasting anywhere near that long but they sure put out some high horse power for a while.
:eek:

X-Charger FTW:yes

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
I have learned a lot from reading this thread.

I need to take a nap. Information overload.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yea turbos do put out more power. But they require a higher degree of maintenance and attention, like others said alot of people do blow their internals with turbos so it wouldnt be a good choice for a daily driver. Superchargers do show great gains especially for our car but the numbers are slightly lower than the turbos, but because they run on the engines pulleys they require a little less maintenance. Supercharging seems to be the best option for people with cars like ours because they give the most life out of it.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I think OP needs to give us a little more info. I personally hate the word "best". It's too opinionated

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
That's because you're bi-winning.

·
Registered
399 Posts
From what I've researched a good ported heads and cam with a turbo would give great reliability with a turbo. Also a turbo can always be upgraded. And a turbo blowing out the engine in my opinion is influenced by the drivers reckless need to slam the pedal all the time.

With a few good port and polished parts the engine should be as reliable as a SC. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you're looking to be running at higher RPM's, go for the Turbo. If you're looking for just a quick boost in the beginning, get a Super. Although turbo is usually less expensive.

SenileT:eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts