Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i need help

im looking to do a pi head swap after i get a new tranmission in

but i cant do the swap my self i need a good shop and pricing on the swap

along with the swap i want compcams stage2 in it any help?? :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
My pi swap labor cost $600 plus $500 in parts. Its a little expensive but man ill tell you it is definetly worth it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys im in long island ny i thought it would be alot more than just a $1000 thats real good im going for it after i fix this transmission ...thnx for the info

·
Registered
575 Posts
do it yourself its not a hard job at all.............

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
probably a good call.
did you find any heads yet? craigslist hunting is what I would recomend

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
My pi swap labor cost $600 plus $500 in parts. Its a little expensive but man ill tell you it is definetly worth it.
ppsh your lucky because my estimate was $1500 WITHOUT PARTS!!!!

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Be like me and buy a craigslist supercharger.... bolt ons are also nice.

Id like to do a PI swap and cams, but I dont know how and Im not big on paying 1k - 1.5k for labor. So I just live in my means and stick with stuff I can do.

I would recommend doing it professionally though, sometimes letting a pro do it saves you alot of unwanted hassle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You'll have ptv contact w/ those stage 2's neways........ Your best be would be to stay w/ the stock pi cams or go w/ some comp 262's.... anything else w/a higher duration you will have ptv contact...... IF you decide you really want the stage 2's you can have your pistons flycut. NOTE: You will lose bottom end power w/ the bigger cams.......

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so what parts will i need for a pi sap with ported polished heads

·
Registered
575 Posts
You'll have ptv contact w/ those stage 2's neways........ Your best be would be to stay w/ the stock pi cams or go w/ some comp 262's.... anything else w/a higher duration you will have ptv contact...... IF you decide you really want the stage 2's you can have your pistons flycut. NOTE: You will lose bottom end power w/ the bigger cams.......
you can do stage 2 cams without flycutting the pistons. you just have to get new intake valves or get your current intake valves margin machined down. I have done several with no ptv issues.

low end torque loss is minimal you will more then make up for it up top.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i have som pi heads for sale... i going 4v so i dont need them.. pm me for pics and such

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.