Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm looking to do the full PI head swap on my car along with long tubes, mid pipe, throttle body/intake, and a tune. (On a block with 200000+ miles :/)

I've done some searching and came up with this place: Power Heads - Performance Engineering .

On the main page they have a link to a PI Head swap kit. I'm looking at the Stage 2 with the upgraded hot street cams.

Does anyone have any experienc with these guys? The kit looks pretty well put together, but pictures on a website mean nothing.

Thoughts?

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
they seem a lil pricey to me and man thats alot of miles on your block

·
Registered
678 Posts
You are going to the trouble of putting new heads on a 200,000 mile short block? Seriously?

The fastest and easiest way to accoomplish the PI swap would be to find a long block (preferrably a low mile explorer engine).

I can't get the website for that company to load properly so I can't tell what they are including or for what price but if its who I think it is you are definitely paying too much with their "kit". If you insist on doing the head swap on your existing engine you can probably piece together better parts for less money.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
i agree that is alot of miles on that block to put pi heads on.
Id be careful boosting the compression with that many miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts