Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jut to let oyu guys know, I have done the PI headwap. I gained 46rwhp from it too.

2002 Mustang heads w/ valve job
2002 Mustang Cams
2004 Intake Manifold w/ alum crossover

Also had them put on FRPP ceramic coated headers while they were in there.

Compression ration is just over 10.5:1 runs fine on 89 octane (did a dyno pull with 87 octane and still gained 46rwhp). No tune was needed, no rattle, idles fine, pulls MUCH harder.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
46 rwhp is an awesome gain for heads and headers. :woot As far as older engines go, I always thought heads were a waste of money untill you got to the point where you were trying to squeeze those few extra ponies. Most only advertise like a 20-30 hp gain and Im assuming those numbers are from the flywheel. :dunno

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bossman351 said:
46 rwhp is an awesome gain for heads and headers. :woot As far as older engines go, I always thought heads were a waste of money untill you got to the point where you were trying to squeeze those few extra ponies. Most only advertise like a 20-30 hp gain and Im assuming those numbers are from the flywheel. :dunno
Well, I am. I have every damn bolt-on possible. What a damn waste. PI swap + Juice + 4.30's + manual trans. Woulda been much better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gaskets are about $50 per piece. I bought the FRPP headwap kit, but that still leaves a lot to be desired. It basically just had head bolts, head gaskets, and some assorted other gaskets. You also need all the intake gaskets, exhaust manifold gaskets (which I had thanks to Haus), exhaust manifold studs/bolts, timing cover gaskets, valve cover gaskets, valve cover grommets, heater hose, spark plugs, oil, coolant....

It adds up QUICK. Gaskets are NOT cheap, especially if you go higher quality like fel-pro.

I would say it's $200-$300 in gaskets easily.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am currently stuck in the middle of a full PI swap. With motor at #1 TDC and rotated Counterclockwise 45 degrees, am I able to simply bolt the heads back on throw the timing chains, tensioners, ect.... and it should fire up with out throwing a piston thru a valve or two?

Ford Racing PI heads
Typhoon intake, TB, plenum, ect...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts