Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright. so im thinking about putting pi heads on my 98 but i want to clear a few things up first... 1) if i swap to PI heads do i have to get the pi intake manifold? and 2) do the PI heads require 93+ octane fuel?
thanks

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Yes, the advantage to the pi swap is the increased airflow from the manifold. No, you don;t have to run 93 octane fuel.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all the pi manifold is is the aluminum cross over correct?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I don't remember if you HAVE to get the PI manifold. I believe you do. The ports all line up a little different.

The PI manifold has larger squarer ports and an aluminum cross over. The intake is worth about 19hp on a set of NPI heads. The heads add up to the rest of the 50hp or so upgrade.

You do not need to run 93 octane, but the compression ratio is sligtly higher. You are well within the cars ability to run it smoothly, but a tune is always good.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
330CubeGt ^, is that the cervinis cowl hood?

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
330CubeGt ^, is that the cervinis cowl hood?
Top half is Cervinis Cut out of a hood that came off my buddies wrecked fox body, the bottom half is stock.i cut out my stock hood out, placed the top half in place and glassed it together,I made the hood a few years ago.

Here is a better pic of it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Top half is Cervinis Cut out of a hood that came off my buddies wrecked fox body, the bottom half is stock.i cut out my stock hood out, placed the top half in place and glassed it together,I made the hood a few years ago.

Here is a better pic of it.

oh snap looka the white beater in the back....

P.s. put a few more inchs on that cowl.... need to keep ppl wondering

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wowowwwow :eek:

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
i like that hood it matchses my 73 mach 1 hood ;)
Haha, Same thing my Grandpop Said.
He has a 72 Mach 1 Replica Vert,351 C 4 speed Dad also had a 72 Mach 1 Fastback at one time, i think that had alot to do with why i wanted to make mine the way i did.
Here is a Pic.

wowowwwow :eek:
Sooo i guess you like it? or your shocked i went through all that work lol.

·
Registered
80 Posts
your hood is amazing:) btw what kind of wheels are those in the pic above beside the red old school mustang? they look nasty

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
oh snap looka the white beater in the back....

P.s. put a few more inchs on that cowl.... need to keep ppl wondering
Pops Picked it up for $800 Bucks...
And yea i been looking around cant find anymore hoods that look like they will work.Except 1 and its kinda ugly but i guess thats what you get with a 6 inch.Im tiring to figure out what i want to do.

your hood is amazing:) btw what kind of wheels are those in the pic above beside the red old school mustang? they look nasty
Thanks. The wheels were American Racing 200S Wheels 17x9.5 front and back with 1 inch wheel spacers out back.(Sold them after i painted the spokes black) for $280 :mad:,There the wheels that look like daisies.

Any ways... Back on topic lol.

PI Talk People!

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
all the pi manifold is is the aluminum cross over correct?
No, it has a better runner design that produces more air flow and more power. The aluminum crossover was just Ford correcting a design flaw that cost them big $$ on the recall. The plastic xovers crack eventually.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
330cube, I still think you should just custom fab a scoop in the center of your hood out of fiberglass.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
330cube, I still think you should just custom fab a scoop in the center of your hood out of fiberglass.
I could.Im just lazy...

I think im going to leave it out of the hood for a while and see if it grows on me.Most of the people that have seen it in person thinks it looks sick.And although its my car i like to to be something enjoyable for others to look at.

It seems if your motors through the hood or your car is tubed people get all Excited, lol...

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
Haha, Same thing my Grandpop Said.
He has a 72 Mach 1 Replica Vert,351 C 4 speed Dad also had a 72 Mach 1 Fastback at one time, i think that had alot to do with why i wanted to make mine the way i did.
Here is a Pic.
hopefully my Mach1 will look as clean as that one day soon.

·
Registered
437 Posts
i was going to say something like that, although what i would do is buy another cowl hood, maybe 3-4 inch, then put the hood scoop on that. the only reason i say to start with a new hood is that i'm not sure how a hood scoop will look with the top part of the Cervinis hood. although i could be completely wrong. i just cant picture it. :eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts