Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is the best place to buy all of the stuff for the swap? ebay? should i buy everything seperately?

·
Registered
962 Posts
corral.net to get the heads/cam/intake...

·
Registered
962 Posts
and it depends on what deals you find whether or not you should buy seperately.

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im thinking about going with a/m cams

·
Registered
962 Posts
a/m? american muscle?? are they aftermarket or pis? if they are just standard PI's dont waste your money on something because they are new, when they dont make a difference.

·
Registered
991 Posts
i got my pi cams on ebay fo 25 bucks

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well like i said im looking more for the head and intake and getting like VT or Crane cams

·
Registered
991 Posts
well they are comp cams.... lol

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I got my complete heads unused off of a guy on a different forum for pretty cheap. Take your time and keep asking around. Post want to buy's on different forums and see if you can't find deals. Definitely ask around at which cams you should get. You don't just want comp cams pi cams. The style of cams you are looking for have more lift than pi cams. NPI heads can't allow for the kind of lift the PI heads can from what I have learned. Do some research if you want to save money and get the right stuff. Also if you get a better set of cams you are going to need to get new springs.

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya i know im just not sure which ones to get yet..

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
96GTGoodz hasn't put them on yet. My bet is there will be something wrong with them if they went for that cheap :)

·
Registered
991 Posts
well they are in a comp cams box and i have valve springs with them the guy had them on his car but then he said he took them off

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
yeah, my pi cams came with pi valve springs as well as being in a comp cam box. I promise u, ur cams are in fact the stock cams out of whatever 99-04 GT that guy had.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
yeah, my pi cams came with pi valve springs as well as being in a comp cam box. I promise u, ur cams are in fact the stock cams out of whatever 99-04 GT that guy had.
That is a good thing though. If you had of gotten comp cams for pi heads you wouldn't have been able to use them to my knowledge. If I am wrong someone tell me but I believe that is true from my own research.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts