Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i was just curious if i did PI swap, heads, cams and intake mani, about how much rwhp should i be expecting? thanks!

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
aobut 35-45 sometimes a little more...its a big diffrence...i know it doesnt sound like much but its a huge kick...expecially with 4.10's....

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
u should also keep in mind at 5800rpms ur rwhp will be at about 220rwhp where as with npi it would be at about 175.......

basically, if u shift at 6k ur power band aint gonna drop

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
thats mostly cause of the intake and cams a little..but i think the intake is the big performance mod with the swap

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The PI swap isnt something to look at peak horsepower numbers with. But to look at the torque and horsepower curves themselves.
yea im not looking at this as a huge HP mod.. i was just curious :)

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
well it is a pretty good HP add for the price...you figure if you shop around you can get about 40rwhp for under 900 bucks if you find all the stuff....anyway...

·
Registered
521 Posts
so iam doing my pi cams this weekend i am not doing the heads cause of the high compression does any one know what my compression will be after cams i allready have the pi intake. tnx

·
Registered
856 Posts
C/R should still be the same after the cams. and C/R isn't that big of a deal. i've talked to guys who have done the PI swap and strapped on a blower at 10 PSI and no harm done.

·
Registered
119 Posts
As long as this thread is already started. When doing the PI Swap, can you use different cams that would be better? Like, what ways can you get THE MOST out of a PI Swap? is that the only difference engine wise between 96-98 and 99+? if so could you use any cams they would be able to and any other engine parts they'd be able to?

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
As long as this thread is already started. When doing the PI Swap, can you use different cams that would be better? Like, what ways can you get THE MOST out of a PI Swap? is that the only difference engine wise between 96-98 and 99+? if so could you use any cams they would be able to and any other engine parts they'd be able to?

yes you can put any other cams in it...you can also port and polish the PI heads....thats to get the most gain out of the swap...comp cams crower cams vt cams (if you can find them) or a custom ground cam from anyone of them and more

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
decided to go with a different setup.. going big with patriot heads and custom ground comp cams

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
hell ya man.. just need about $800 more.. and me and acmillr are gonna get me a setup.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts